Kiddorism
What's New?

Planning a cycle...maybe

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So I wanted to do a cycle of NPP to finish off what I have, this year/summer. I was diagnosed with a RC tear (rotator cuff, supra spinatus-full thickness tear, but is small right now). Consulted with several docs as to how to proceed, the consensus is surgery. UGH, but oh well.
I wanted to do a NPP cycle (about 10-12 weeks) this summer to gain some muscle. I consider myself a veteran to PED's and I did a short NPP cycle last year.
Knowing that I have an upcoming surgery....looking at Sept/Oct....knowing my arm will be in a sling and immobile for 4-6 weeks, looking at muscle atrophy. But muscle memory and doing therapy, and in the good shape I am in, i should bounce back relatively quickly.
My theory was that I would do cycle of NPP before the surgery so that I can gain some muscle, as I know I will lose some in my arm during the 4-6 weeks of being immobile.

I am just posting this here to get some opinions because let's face it, there are a lot of differing opinions LOL. But i like to hear from different perspectives.....

I am very active still (just did a NPC bodybuilding show 3/31). I'm still working out in the gym and i'm up 10lbs right now from my show day weight. My diet is in check as well.
I'm 48yo, 140#, 5' 2.5".

Thank you and have a great weekend!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Ouch. Um uh, yea apparently so.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Anyway you can move the surgery up? Your angst about losing what you've got and being in limbo for a while is tormenting you, it's (a) normal, and (b) causing you to flirt with bad decisions (* see Dr LK, above).
The sooner the surgery, the sooner it, and rehab & recovery are over, and the sooner you can be gung-ho again.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for input and realization. No seriously i appreciate honest feedback.

Have a mexico trip end of june. So june is out. Have a trip early august, and a short one in july so thats why i ruled out july. So that brought me to sept. Plus wanted to have fun this summer. So timing this surgery is a struggle.

Sounds like i really need to evaluate my priorities.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds like a bad idea to me too. Don't worry so much about atrophy. Worry about getting back 100% ROM on your shoulder after surgery. Then do a little cycle to get yourself back up to speed. But be patient. Rehab on a shoulder takes time. Best of luck on the surgery.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyway you can move the surgery up? Your angst about losing what you've got and being in limbo for a while is tormenting you, it's (a) normal, and (b) causing you to flirt with bad decisions (* see Dr LK, above).
The sooner the surgery, the sooner it, and rehab & recovery are over, and the sooner you can be gung-ho again.
I didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express this week...

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Bad decisions and cute. I knew there was something there ,I liked about you,, hahaha

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I pray you are talking about Bova.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Ooh yeah reptilians do not do it for me

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic