Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Pinning long esters eod

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Btw not sure what to make of that data. Once per week has higher peaks but lower troughs. It appears that with frequent injects levels may average higher. But there are more peaks and troughs which maybe cause more sides?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Interesting to see that on the graph. My guess is that the sides you "feel" will be less when the swing between the peaks and troughs are less, as in the EOD graph, as opposed to the frequency of the peaks/troughs.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Rather than agree to disagree let graph it out and let the math dictate the answer.

This is levels when injecting 500mg per week

pxX9riV.png

This is your levels when injecting 166mg every other day

9uwXs4z.png

You now have me intrigued. I will comment on the graph in a little.
I am in agreement with the spikes which amplifies the sides. If you could maintain a constant level at those peaks, then I would agree that it is better.
Why do you feel the spikes and then valleys are better than keeping relatively stable levels? My feeble mind has not been able to capture your point on this. Essentially I am agreeing with everything you are saying except the spikes being beneficial.

I am sure that you also agree that the graph is only theoretical and reality is actually different. There are many factors that affect the absorption and trying to say it is linear is not really true. With that being said, I do use the graphs as a baseline when frontloading since I really do not have any other mathematical model.

Bigmuscle

Bigmuscle

Sep 11, 2018
Running a long ester compound such as testosterone cypionate is very convenient in the fact that it only needs to be injected twice a week. However there is less active hormone in compounds with long half lives. For every 100mg injected of a compound with the enanthate ester attached, just 68-71mg will be used by the body. A shorter ester such as an acetate compound will yield 83mg of active hormone per 100mg.

T36Et92.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Interesting to see that on the graph. My guess is that the sides you "feel" will be less when the swing between the peaks and troughs are less, as in the EOD graph, as opposed to the frequency of the peaks/troughs.

This is your experience talking you mean? For some compounds I tend to agree with you. Npp for example. If I pin that once per week I am an ANXIETY RIDDLED asshole. Tren e, test cyp pretty much everything else I have ran I am fine with once per week.

I don't usually use short esters like prop or ace though.

I still am asking that if you are gonna inject EOD why not just use prop?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
This is your experience talking you mean? For some compounds I tend to agree with you. Npp for example. If I pin that once per week I am an ANXIETY RIDDLED asshole. Tren e, test cyp pretty much everything else I have ran I am fine with once per week.

POB, the general consensus is that you're always an asshole, just not always anxiety riddled.... LOL

I haven't run a long estered compound EOD like that before, so I was just speculating. I think pinning long esters ED has been getting common based on Emeric's protocol over at PM where he pins 10mg of test C or test E ED, and uses that as his TRT. He's an ex IFBB pro in his late 50s or early 60s and looks great.

I'm not throwing stones at that protocol, as I haven't tried it, but the whole reason of using test U, IMO, is to NOT have to pin all the time. LOL While I won't quibble with graphs as shown above, I can say that in my own experience, I could take 1 shot of 300mg test U once every two weeks, and I didn't "feel" like my levels were bouncing around. (I always pin about 250IUs HCG 1x/week).

Since I plan on pinning the rest of my life (I've been on TRT for over 10 years now), the prospect of pinning once every week or two is WAY better than pining ED or EOD.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
POB, the general consensus is that you're always an asshole, just not always anxiety riddled.... LOL

I haven't run a long estered compound EOD like that before, so I was just speculating. I think pinning long esters ED has been getting common based on Emeric's protocol over at PM where he pins 10mg of test C or test E ED, and uses that as his TRT. He's an ex IFBB pro in his late 50s or early 60s and looks great.

I'm not throwing stones at that protocol, as I haven't tried it, but the whole reason of using test U, IMO, is to NOT have to pin all the time. LOL While I won't quibble with graphs as shown above, I can say that in my own experience, I could take 1 shot of 300mg test U once every two weeks, and I didn't "feel" like my levels were bouncing around. (I always pin about 250IUs HCG 1x/week).

Since I plan on pinning the rest of my life (I've been on TRT for over 10 years now), the prospect of pinning once every week or two is WAY better than pining ED or EOD.

Thanks Tommy. Your doc is prescribing test U? I would like to ask my Endo to make the switch if possible.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017

There are a number of reasons people don’t use prop:
1). Some people just get bad PIp from the prop. Yes they have tried numerous different labs and they have the same result.
2) the longer esthers are cheaper. The data does show prop is more concentrated, but longer esthers are still cheaper. I am not sure how much the difference in concentration actually means in regards to results.
3) deca and NPP, although from the same family, provide different results.
4) when running high qty’s of gear, pinning only 2x per week means multiple injections on the same day.

Even if you have prop, I do it daily. It is a preference and I have explained why.

POB- you must have tremendous resistance to be running 800 of tren.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks Tommy. Your doc is prescribing test U? I would like to ask my Endo to make the switch if possible.
Hey POB, I self medicate, so have no doc prescribing test U. I believe that test U is the Nebido, which is prescribed in Europe. Not sure whether it's available legally in the US. But it's my understanding that Nebido is a 4ml ampule and the directions are to take 1 4mL shot of the test U 1x/month. That cannot be as good an idea as 1x/2 weeks.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I tend to agree with Tommy when he says the whole point of using long esters is less frequent pinning. I myself prefer short esters because like BigMuscle pointed out, you're getting more active hormone per ml. More bang for your buck. I'll switch to long esters when I get sick of pinning EOD though, for that reason. Whoever said "if you're going to pin more frequently then why not just use short esters" was thinking along the same lines I am in this debate. If I'm using longer esters it's for the sake of less pinning and if I'm going to pin ED or EOD then I might as well run a short ester and get the most out of it

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
But, looking at Bigmuscle's chart the greatest difference in active ingredient content occurs in the Nandro "family," where it is almost as bad as 2:1 comparing base vs. laurate. The differences in the other, more commonly available, esters is less dramatic. The smaller disadvantage of using Deca vs. NPP is more than made up for if Deca is 300mg/ml and NPP is 100. I realize NPP fans will argue that it behaves differently than Deca in more than just half life, but if all we're talking about is bang for your buck, pin pussies like me will choose Deca every time. Same goes for Test E vs. Prop or anything else on that chart.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
But, looking at Bigmuscle's chart the greatest difference in active ingredient content occurs in the Nandro "family," where it is almost as bad as 2:1 comparing base vs. laurate. The differences in the other, more commonly available, esters is less dramatic. The smaller disadvantage of using Deca vs. NPP is more than made up for if Deca is 300mg/ml and NPP is 100. I realize NPP fans will argue that it behaves differently than Deca in more than just half life, but if all we're talking about is bang for your buck, pin pussies like me will choose Deca every time. Same goes for Test E vs. Prop or anything else on that chart.

Have you ever tried backloading a slin pin?
I do not use a 25g every day, I use a 29g

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic