Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Pics: Why Don't You Post Them?

Cyber2Knight

Cyber2Knight

Aug 20, 2012
I totally agree with II's comments about posting pictures as it adds some depth to the forum without which it would be all talk, so the variety created by pics is very cool. Everyone likes and respects the hard work and commitment to have a good physique and sharing is what makes the community "real". There's so much more to bodybuilding and for many people the proof is in the pudding and a picture is worth a 1000 words, especially when it comes to/from people who exchange advice and to try to motivate others.

I dont however think a picture of self is necessarily required to differentiate credible posts and information from bs. How so? Well, this forum has many well informed and experienced members who can smell a fake like a fart in a car. Unless someone pm's you, all posts are public and can be vetted by the community as being good information or crap.

Also, everyone is here for different reasons. There are some members who never post anything. They simply read and browse and follow what fancies them. Some dont have the courage to post anything or their question has been answered my someone else in the thread. Who knows what motivates the "silent types". (pun intended!! hahahaha

I have a supps company, not that I resell (but I have my own brand that I manufacture) so I love talking about supplements, nutrition and chatting to like minded people to learn about their experiences. I research certain comments and think about ideas to give my clients better value for money in my product formulations. Is posting a pic going to improve the quality of my experience or contribution on the forum? No.

So yeah, its different for everyone and I really enjoy looking at the pics as well, to keep me motivated with my recreational bodybuilding goals but also to appreciate the efforts of people across the world who enjoy health and fitness as much as I do. Will I post a pic in the future, most likely yes - if my wife allows it ;) and when I do it will be for the reasons that make it necessary at that time. :)

Cheers,
C2K

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
I don't post up any pics because I'm a fat ass Irish African American! Yep, look like one of those fat dudes that live in the suburbans and have a six pack every night. It's really embarrassing to post a few pics the way I look now. A few years ago, I looked like a "Hercules", now, whew, look like hell! I'll post when I get my old body back to the way I used to look and more.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
just put a profile pic up and call it a day. Why is it such a big deal? If you're shy why build your body? To hide it?

In the end I guess it's a matter of privacy and choice for each individual.

I have been around the board for years and have never seen a pic of most people...some that have been around forever....

Last edited:
P

Pambo2

Dec 5, 2013
I refuse to post pictures because my kids and their friends can be really stupid with pictures of their mom to share. It's bad enough when they come over looking for a peek. My kids talk to me they tell me what their friends are thinking. I don't need that my hubby certainly doesn't need mommy all over the net.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I refuse to post pictures because my kids and their friends can be really stupid with pictures of their mom to share. It's bad enough when they come over looking for a peek. My kids talk to me they tell me what their friends are thinking. I don't need that my hubby certainly doesn't need mommy all over the net.

I can def dig that. Kids, as well as many others that don't lift weights/exercise don't understand the progress pics and the posting of pics for motivation and constructive criticism.

FOr years I wouldn't post pics because I started extremely skinny, and even when I was up by 30lbs of LBM, I still looked average. Today, I am up 70lbs of LBM, and am just now started to look "respectable" in the online BBIng community. Sure, at my gym I am one of the bigger guys, so to speak, but on the forums, I am one of the little guys. I have posted pics before, but don't always keep them up.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Every time i do I get an red error exclamation point. POB will vouch when I email him my 1/2 nude pics to post. Haven't been able to for about 1-1.5 years now.

Oh and to be honest like bass Im a fat ass right now and embarrassed. Ill do some before and afters from my recent issues soon as im getting back to my old self.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I've been there and done it so I'm good. Mostly I'm paranoid of being seen or flagged / I work for state gov as social worker , used to be in military and had contact with ton of people plus since I have at times been deeply involved so to speak with " merchants " I try to keep low profile . I one time remember a well known scammer posted personal names and addresses of people on an open board and I may have been one so safety and privacy trumps all.
Most of all a Confucius : a strong man stands alone he does not seek his reflection in the eyes of others, shall I share another bowel story ?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I am a well known member of my community. If word got out I was posting half nekkid pics of myself on the internet, it would be a bad thing for me and my business. Also, I am fat right now, so embarassed to see myself in photos. When I get a six pack, I promise I'll post a few with my face blotted out.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
"safety and privacy trumps all."

This ^^^

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Cuz I am sooooo sexy the TID chicks and LK would lose it;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic