Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Phlebotomy to mitigate thick blood

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Want to talk about “thick blood” and now to prevent that.

A few years ago I had a pulmonary embolism.
For those who don’t know what it is – its blood clot to your lung.

Not going to bore you with the details of what happened but talk more in general what I learned.

Some of us has “thick blood” naturally.
That means your hematocrit and hemoglobin is high.
Mine is a bit high but usually (without AAS) stays in the normal range.
Its probably genetic since many Scandinavians has higher levels.

Never really had a problem or needed to watch it before is started AAS.
AAS will increase both H&H and it’s a linear relationship between high H&H and embolisms.

Make no mistake, embolisms are deadly.
My friends mom died in the hospital from an embolism.

A few things I learned.
Monitor your blood. Make sure you do blood work while staying on for a while..
Your H&H will slowly increase.
Donate blood as often as you can, its good for you.
I make sure I do a phlebotomy every 2-3 months regardless of my H&H levels.
Since I start doing that my numbers has been ok.
When your blood gets thicker its a greater change for it to clot.
Your heart has to pump harder to move the "sludge" around.

If you are getting up in age use aspirin (81mg) every night.
If you are on cycle use it also.

I think the combo of high test with high estrogen is a bad combo for H&H.
Control your estrogen.

After my episode I saw an hematology (blood) doctor.
He asked if I had to stay on the TRT. I said yes.
He told me to make sure I monitor this and not take it likely.
Got the long lecture about test and what happens, etc but didn’t try to make me get off.

Trust me on this. Sitting in the ER was a huge eye opener for me.
First time I realized I was not indestructible.
The pain was excruciating and I was actually concerned I was going to die.

If you can afford a bottle of test you can afford a CBC and other blood work.

Don’t mess around here. Your corpse will look like shit pretty quick.

Hopefully others can contribute to this thread and maybe we can come up with some guideline on how to do this safer.

I hate to see anyone die or have major problems if it can be prevented by simply doing a phlebotomy.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Good read. Thanks for sharing MK. I also encourage everyone to donate blood regularly, for their own health and helping others.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Mk great post as usual but I never expect any less from you ! I posted elsewhere I started once with similiar issues but regular labs and my doc and I were able to trouble shoot . I do like you say use aspirin - it's a common medical practice to use aspirin to thin blood , prevention of strokes and clots. Sort of why if you ever had surgery they instruct to omit aspirin week before or more as it works . I use a ton of I guess " non BB " supps but to me anything helping our body helps us . Heart cardio like coQ10 , red wine vinegar - it's actually easy to find combo formulas.. I believe they help . When I had my spine reconstruction back in 95 my doc after surgery commented my bones are like concrete - in fact my arm surgery they broke off a drill in my humerus and had to leave it in lol. But during my recovery after my back I was out and up in 2 days . Walking 20-33 miles day for rehab 3 days post surgey , my MRI every 3 months for 2 years my doc says what ever you eat keep doing as he never saw quicker recovery in fact he used me as model for future - considering he was one of the best Orthopeadic surgeons in the planet and pioneered the spine surgey without screws and rods- just shavings of my hip bone grafted to vertebrea . I still lift heavy at 50 , still practice bugei getting thrown violently on my back for practice hours daily never pain , I haven't owned a belt since then either . But forms of calcium vit c certain herbs and antioxidants do work . And I'm sorry if people think if the FDA don't approve as I work for governments and they only care about money . Bodybuilders - exoerienced bodybuilders are always ahead of knowing what works .

Blood work is everything . Develop a relationship with your doc and he will help make sense of labs . But keeping and building health , all around health is how to get and stay huge and live lol . Steroids don't have to kill you.. It's like how people think of guns . A gun does not kill- people do . If s person gets shot by accidents it's because the person was an idiot . A person familiar with guns how they function and exoerienced in using them does not have accidents . People need to look in the mirror and stop blaming everything else . Do research , monitor your body , be patient steroids don't build muscle you do . Or you don't ;)

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Yes thanks for taking the time to write this up.....i must have missed it at first:ChopperEmo:

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Good post !
My RBC went real high after my last run on tren.I think my estrogen was pretty high too. No more tren been donating every 8 weeks, hope it gets under 50 soon.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
This post was really helpful and really pertinent to what I'm currently going through.

I technically am not allowed to donate blood, but I've been considering doing it anyway. My blood is extremely thick, to the alarm of anyone who's ever drawn it.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
This post was really helpful and really pertinent to what I'm currently going through.

I technically am not allowed to donate blood, but I've been considering doing it anyway. My blood is extremely thick, to the alarm of anyone who's ever drawn it.

I cant donate since I lived in Europe during the mad cow disease.
Luckly for me my wife is a nurse so we do it at home.
Just had blood work and my H&H was a bit over.
Will do one this weekend. Then another one next weekend.
Maybe wait another 2 weeks then do a third.
Each pint drops it about a point.
The blood work I had in september showed it to be fine but it creeps up over time for me.

If you levels are high your doc should be able to write you an order for phlebotomy.
Or find a nurse and pay her/him to do it.

Mondo

Mondo

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2015
I donate every 3 months anymore. Wasn't much of an issue when I was younger and all my piping was fresh and resilient. But being an old dude now, I just don't leave it to chance. MorganKane is correct in that your doctor can write you a script or even do the procedure in the office. Unfortunately, he'll want to run a boatload of tests, as many maladies can cause high hematocrit. There are medical supply sites online where you can purchase "home kits" for drawing your own blood. If you choose this route, ALWAYS have someone with you, in case you pass out. Not a good thing when you're bleeding yourself.

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Excellent topic. Every 60 days has become a regular practice for me as well. It allows me to get that iron out of my body as well, which eventually can cause issues for men.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Assuming you're going to let the Red Cross do it, exactly which type of donation benefits aas users the most? They can draw whole blood, or platelets, or double red blood cells. If we are looking to "thin" out our blood a bit, the double red blood cells seems to my only-semi-informed self as the obvious choice.

1) am I correct about that, or totally off base?

2) but, if I am correct, is the extra benefit long term or only short term? They make you wait 8 weeks between whole blood donations, but considerably longer between double red blood cell donations, would this not even out the extra benefit to the point where it doesn't matter if we donate whole blood or double cells? We are in effect trying to intentionally deplete some usually good things in our body because we simply have too many of them for our own good, seems like that added waiting time between donations would allow the body time to work itself back to the same "too much of a good thing" problem?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Great post...... I've been donating every 8-12 weeks for years and I definitely feel better after donating. Blood work confirms that my counts are staying normal because of this too.....

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Good post !
My RBC went real high after my last run on tren.I think my estrogen was pretty high too. No more tren been donating every 8 weeks, hope it gets under 50 soon.

update 47 a couple days ago.keep going guys it works.I added Curcumin,coq10,fish oil,to the mix.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic