Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Pharmacist convicted of steroids offenses gets 6 1/2 years in prison

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
MOBILE, Ala. -- A pharmacist convicted of steroids offenses will be going to prison for 6½ years, but the judge agreed to delay the sentence until the sister of the defendant’s ex-wife gets a bone marrow transplant.

Jodi C. Silvio was a part owner and secretary of Applied Pharmacy Services, a compounding pharmacy in Mobile that supplied anabolic steroids to thousands of customers across the country. At one time, he also served as supervising pharmacist there.

Silvio, 51, was found guilty after a five-week trial in Mobile’s federal court. He also pleaded guilty to health care fraud in an unrelated case.

U.S. District Judge Ginny Granade sentenced Silvio to 6½ years in prison but agreed to delay his prison term by six months after hearing an impassioned plea from Lydia Bennett, who said that she needs a bone marrow transplant in order to beat leukemia.

Bennett said she needs her sister to care for her for 100 days in a protected environment while she recovers. During that time, she said, Silvio will be the only one who can care for a child that he and his ex-wife adopted when they were married.

“We desperately need Jodi to take care of K.J. while I fight for my life,” Bennett said.

Granade said she is open to extending the delay if Bennett needs more time.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
that sucks for that guy, he's fucked!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
6.5 years? Alabama must have some state laws that gotupped his shit, or the Feds had some other crap on him, usually 5 yrs is the max penalty by Fed guidelines, Im no lawyer but common sense says some other shit must be in there besides AAS, the compounding pharmacy in Fla got probation for most of them and it was a high profile case, I think one person may have served a small bit of time, but they lost their liscensing and were given probation as the best of my recollection.
6.5 seems excessive otherwise.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
That's not the whole article. It wasn't a little gear, it was over $1million of gear. The million was not estimated street value either. The financial figures were taken directly from the company's ledgers.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Wow, just wow. Now that sheds a bit more light on the subject, big fish here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic