Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Pets

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I was just joking ATW, damn, let a nerd have some fun every once in a while. ;) . My parents raise and train service dogs, and the English labs are short, stocky, and 60-75lbs. The American labs are taller, and normally lankier(word?), but when the American labs get the thick bones and wide features of an English lab, they easily hit 90+lbs in great shape.

My girl's family just had their yellow lab put to sleep because he was getting very old and had joint problems....no wonder....he weighed a lean 130lbs. I swear his skull must have been bigger than mine...just a freaky sized lab

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
Had to put two dogs down in the last 1-1/2 years. We wanted to be pet free for a while but my girls finally talked me into Albert. Got him Monday. He thinks he is a dog.

Albert11Medium.jpg

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol! I am convinced "spotted" animals have more mischief in them .I have three poms that match your cat color wise.

They are my "evil spotteds"

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
^^^Nice looking dog there gentao. I actually feed my dog a beer years ago. Maybe it was two. :) The poor thing needed to go down the stairs to take a leak and rolled about half way down. Landed on her feet like a cat. Dog was banned from the hooch after that.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Beautiful Shepherd man, Im a big fan of the breed! They are more intelligent the 80% of the people I know.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Beautiful Shepherd man, Im a big fan of the breed! They are more intelligent the 80% of the people I know.

i grew up with shepards but now, as a vet, they are one of my least favorite breeds. people who know nothing about them own then and know nothing about them. a large majority of them are horrible fear biters or very timid. it is sad as they are a beautiful dog when one knows how to raise them.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
i grew up with shepards but now, as a vet, they are one of my least favorite breeds. people who know nothing about them own then and know nothing about them. a large majority of them are horrible fear biters or very timid. it is sad as they are a beautiful dog when one knows how to raise them.

yea she's been socialized with every race,age, and gender. she does still pee a little when she gets excited so i usually tell people the first few times meeting her to ignore her and pay no attention, just give her a few treats.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010

It definitely takes alot of training and socialization to have a well rounded shepherd. Many people get them and just expect them to be perfect only to be let down later finding that if your not teaching them something positive they are learning something negative on their own. Whats really sad is how many you find in shelters due to the fact that their owners just wasnt cut out for raising the animal.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
little known fact... more people are attacked/bitten by German Sheppard's than Pit-Bulls... And about %50 of the "pit bull" attacks/bites are not actually pit bulls at all... they are some sort of mutt that "resemble" a pit bull....

So... to all of you pit bull lovers out there! Own them proudly! and be the Men/Women your dog thinks you are...

An if you own a cat... that means you have a box of shit somewhere in your house!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
yea she's been socialized with every race,age, and gender. she does still pee a little when she gets excited so i usually tell people the first few times meeting her to ignore her and pay no attention, just give her a few treats.
that is a very good way to do it. most people get mad and discipline them for peeing when excited and it just makes it worse!

It definitely takes alot of training and socialization to have a well rounded shepherd. Many people get them and just expect them to be perfect only to be let down later finding that if your not teaching them something positive they are learning something negative on their own. Whats really sad is how many you find in shelters due to the fact that their owners just wasnt cut out for raising the animal.
this is very true with any dog! i had a rottweiler pup come in at 6 weeks that was extremely fearful and tried to bite at that age. i always counsel my clients about socialization with dogs like this. the owner did an outstanding job of socialize the dog. by the time she was a year old one never would have known that she had been a fearful and aggressive dog. dogs have a natural tendency but as owners we can do a lot to overcome that.

little known fact... more people are attacked/bitten by German Sheppard's than Pit-Bulls... And about %50 of the "pit bull" attacks/bites are not actually pit bulls at all... they are some sort of mutt that "resemble" a pit bull....

So... to all of you pit bull lovers out there! Own them proudly! and be the Men/Women your dog thinks you are...

An if you own a cat... that means you have a box of shit somewhere in your house!

every breed has outlaws in it. heck, i bet chihuahuas bite more people than german shepards or pits combined but because they are small and rarely do damage it doesnt get reported. people get too hung up on the media portrayal of breeds. we had a shepard and a pit bull when i was a kid and they were both amazing dogs but they were part of the family and not just left out in the yard to be whatever they wanted to be.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
that is a very good way to do it. most people get mad and discipline them for peeing when excited and it just makes it worse!

oh i could not lay a hurtful hand on her, shes my baby. now a person is an entirely different story :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic