Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

People need to keep their damn opinions to themselves!!!

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
More of the way the Public is mis-informed!!

Steroids are no short cut
17 Jan, 2011 04:00 AM
Steroid abuse is on the increase again.

Popular some years ago, anabolic steroids fell into disfavour as their side-effects became apparent and "roid-heads" became objects of ridicule.

Sadly, a new generation - one perhaps not yet fully exposed to the downside of steroids - is being seduced by the false promise of a shortcut to a perfect body.

In their own time these youngsters will discover the truth - that a steroid-inflated body is about as convincing and impressive as a fake tan and that the personal cost of abuse can be horrendous.

Even if the purity of black market steroids could be guaranteed (it can't), abusers run the risk of detrimental impacts on their personalities and behaviour. "Roid rage" is just the tip of an iceberg of psychological symptoms that produce the opposite of the self-esteem and self-assurance that many abusers are seeking.

The physical symptoms are potentially dreadful too. Bodies out of proportion, unwelcome "man boobs", shrunken genitals and acne explosions are just the beginning. Internal damage is prevalent and can be irreversible.

To the extent that steroid abuse reflects anxiety among young men about their body image, it represents a growing problem that demands serious attention. Like eating disorders in both young men and women, the problem is a symptom of an increasingly prevalent mental health issue.

Hospital admissions and many social studies indicate that growing numbers of young people are so anxious and depressed about their apparent failure to conform to the socially approved body image that they will endanger their physical health in an attempt to attain their perceived "ideal".

It is hard to isolate a single cause for this trend, but poor diet, coupled with widespread obesity and, ironically, publicity campaigns designed to combat obesity are involved in the mix. The promotion in the entertainment media of a narrow range of body types as "ideal" has frequently been blamed for inducing body image anxiety in females. Nowadays it might just as fairly be blamed for producing the same effects in males.

Whatever the reason, it is important for young men to realise that the only shortcut steroid abuse provides is to ridicule, mental disturbance and ill-health.

Turmoil at City Hall

THE past year has been a hectic one for Newcastle City Council.

The council was subjected to a major restructure, overseen by general manager Lindy Hyam, who departed recently - just halfway into her contract.

According to newly released figures, 136 full-time staff members have left the council in relatively recent times and ratepayers have spent more than $7 million on golden handshakes to 29 long-term senior staff members made redundant.

Ratepayers, faced with such a massive bill for redundancies, will hope to see a significant return on their investment in the form of more efficient running of the civic administration.

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
who in the hell is the asshole that wrote that?
what a load of shit. the way theses assholes are missinformed or make shit up to suit there cause is retarded and un educated.
roid rage blow me.
the reason for this is due to the stupid veiws they have on steroids. because of punk kids that say the roids made me do it.
put that little prick in a room full of level headed users and we'll change his tune.

it always going to be like this. we might as well get use to it. we cant fight it because we are doing this under the radar.
how do we rise above the cloud of miss information when they have surpressed or voice.
we talk openly we go to jail. we try to educate those day to day.
all we can do is our best.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Welll not really BUT just like alcohol there are tons of people who abuse it....The guy who uses AAS for 10 years with little or no sides is not as noteworthy as the college kid who kills himself and then his parents blame the winstrol and his rage...sadly

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Or like the father they documented on "Bigger Faster Stronger" whose son did one cycle and committed suicide... He wanted to blame it on the gear...YET, over look the anti depressants he was taking that have "documented" that they cause suicidal thoughts in teens... and suicide... DOLT!(face palm!)

(BTW I do feel very sorry for him that his son decided to end his life... No father should ever have to deal with that... I also feel that suicide is a cowards way out)

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
I was wondering where that was from as well.. What a load...

shibs

shibs

Jan 18, 2011
Or like the father they documented on "Bigger Faster Stronger" whose son did one cycle and committed suicide... He wanted to blame it on the gear...YET, over look the anti depressants he was taking that have "documented" that they cause suicidal thoughts in teens... and suicide... DOLT!(face palm!)

(BTW I do feel very sorry for him that his son decided to end his life... No father should ever have to deal with that... I also feel that suicide is a cowards way out)

I agree man I saw that movie and was pissed off that the father was so blinded by the steroid use, and there was no swinging his opinion. He only saw the surface of everything.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Besides the obvious blunders, lets take a real look at this article, not a "bro" look at it. You know how many guys DO have anxiety about what they look like? A ton. Is that a major driving factor behind steroid use? Absolutely. Does the media have a hand in perpetuating this? Fuck yes. Are steroids marketed as a shortcut to the perfect body? Yup. People sacrificing their physical health in efforts to obtain something pegged as "ideal" is nothing new. Do steroids have adverse side effects? Yes.

If one is to praise steroids, they must also be able to criticize them. If you can not criticize steroid use or even accept the fact that they do in fact cause, or have the potential to, cause harm, then you are a sad soul and this article is for you, anxiety riddled depressed man.

We, the "responsible" ones, represent a very small minority. Sometimes we forget that.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic