Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

PCT, statins and cholesterol

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I ended a cycle using the same protocol I've used successfully for 6 years. Exceeding the time frame in which my testicles begin hypertrophy and morning erections return, I reevaluated my diet, supplements and discovered I forgot to cut the statin regimen. Typically I cease statin intake on my last test P injection. I allow my cholesterol to ramp up until I know my HTPA is functioning. 4 days off statins and I noticed my mood and energy improving.

If you are coming off anything shutting down your natural production of testosterone consider stopping the cholesterol blocking action of statins. Remember, your body cannot produce testosterone without sufficient cholesterol.

If you're like me I take twice the dose while 'on' as I do when I am natty, hence my cholesterol suppression is extreme without AAS.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I've wondered about taking (extra) statins while on cycle, but this is the first I can recall someone doing it. Does testing show that it is working for you?

I'm on a prescription that keeps me in the safe zone while cruising TRT (I'm genetically naturally high cholesterol).

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Doesn't a statin lower only the ldl (bad) cholesterol? I didn't think it had much of an effect on total cholesterol. Plus if it increases hdl (good) cholesterol wouldn't that even things out as far as total ?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was led to believe that Statins lower Ldl's and boost Hdl's.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Doesn't a statin lower only the ldl (bad) cholesterol? I didn't think it had much of an effect on total cholesterol. Plus if it increases hdl (good) cholesterol wouldn't that even things out as far as total ?

May be individual differences, but in my case the statin doesn't seem to help HDL. Been on 20mg ed generic Lipitor (atorvastatin) for a few years. My LDL, VLDL and Total are all great, but my HDL hovers around the bottom of the "normal" range, often a coupla points below. I do more than just trt, but no big doses, and no orals in years. Otoh, maybe the statin does help, and my HDL would be worse than borderline without it ... not gonna experiment to find out.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Reviving an old threads but I'm curious how many of you take statins and how/if they affect your training or overall feeling throughout the day. I've been prescribed statins for slightly higher cholesterol but haven't taken them yet.

P

pincushn

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Reviving an old threads but I'm curious how many of you take statins and how/if they affect your training or overall feeling throughout the day. I've been prescribed statins for slightly higher cholesterol but haven't taken them yet.
I was put on one several years ago. It worked great as far as my hdl and ldl #s went, but i felt off and my hips and thighs ached pretty bad. I went to my trt dr and had some bloods drawn... my CK level was way high. Tried a diffrent statin and didnt help with the aches. I stopped them.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
I got put on some a while ago.. my joints hurt soon after I started so I stopped taking them. ‍♂️

But just got my blood work done again and now my cholesterol is 280 or some shit and will have to go back on.

Hopefully a diet will fix it, I work a lot and eat like total shit during the week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic