Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Paying federal income tax is voluntary

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I always pay less and owe taxes at the end of the year. I laugh at people that overpay and get that big refund check in the spring.
To be clear on the above not judging people who do this just those that think it's like a stimulus check and really just an overpayment.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Dam. Yeah, my wife fucked up on her taxes like 10 years ago and got a huge refund she shouldn’t have gotten. I forget what exactly happened but she had to pay it all back and it was something like $8000. How the fuck did she think she should get that much back idk. But we were hurting for awhile after that. We are bad at saving money so we do the opposite. We claim the least so we get the most back on our taxes. That way we can go on vacation with it. Lmao. But you’re right. We are just giving more money to the Gov to pay there lazy workers that are overpaid and have more vacation time than I will ever have in a lifetime in one year. Don’t get me wrong. I would work for the Gov in a heartbeat. Lol. Just saying. My dad has been working for The Department of Labor for like 40 years and he tells me he does maybe 6 hours of actual work a week and has enough vacation time built up he could take a year off or something like that. He’s probably over exaggerating some but still. I worked for a subcontractor at NSA for a bit and we didn’t do shit all day and the benefits were ridiculous. And it was Union. Too bad they changed the required security clearance or I would still be working there. I really should try to get that job back. Lol
MOST government employees are still working from home 100%. A real joke like you said they may do 20 hours a week if we're lucky. It's hurting so many Americans that rely on government services legitimately.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
MOST government employees are still working from home 100%. A real joke like you said they may do 20 hours a week if we're lucky. It's hurting so many Americans that rely on government services legitimately.
They did start forcing my dad to come in once or twice a week last year but yeah. It’s a joke. I forgot about that. That’s a whole other issue. Lmao. The traffic around DC was so nice when government tella-worked. Because of Covid. But it’s horrible again.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
If I don't pay, they just take it from my military retirement.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I owed both the state and feds to the tune of about 10k each. Feds asked me about it 1 time, I responded, and after 10 yrs of owing, no penalties or % added, it disappeared. So the release of owing the Feds after 10yrs. is real.
The state was a whole different story. I had to talk to a rep every month which I did for yrs. And then my rep changed and she said she had called and left a message and I did not return her call. At that point it was at collections anyway they can get it, like drain your checking acct. should they see any money in it. The guy I had to deal with then didn't care at all what my financial or medical situation was. I asked him why, after making contact for yrs. each and every month, would I out of the blue not make contact? Didn't care. I told him I had phone records going back to the first call with the state showing a call every month with them but no call the month the new piece of shit , lazy ass bitch, took over. He didn't care. I tried changing checking acct, adding new ones, but they always found the money. So every now and then my checking acct would go to zero. I ended up taking every deposit out and paid everything by cash. By the time I got approved for disability I had paid the state $7000, which was the original amount I owed. Disability paid me for 4yrs. of disability they owed me, $87,000, and soon after another $7000 was taken which was the penalties and % due.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Marine buddy of mine in the National Capital Region was still working from home all the way up until he retired in December. He was telling me the last couple years he didn't even feel like he was a Marine. They waived all his semi-annual weigh ins, physical fitness tests and combat fitness tests to limit contact. Crazy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic