Members
Latest Member
pbtom

pause squats

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Sumo air squats for warm up is a must for me before squatting.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I could certainly benefit from squatting wide again, more glute ham activation. Last time I tried it felt terrible on my hips. Any suggestions? Im assuming, just keep doing them is the best thing.

The "Chris Duffin squat warmups" have helped a whole lot for hip discomfort during squats. Google what's quoted for a YouTube video that has helped me tremendously!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Walking forwards, backwards, and side to side with a hip circle also helps warm up the hips. You can also perform squats with the circle on after and that should have you ready to squat. If the pain is from years of use then you may want to invest in a pair of PP.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Walking forwards, backwards, and side to side with a hip circle also helps warm up the hips. You can also perform squats with the circle on after and that should have you ready to squat. If the pain is from years of use then you may want to invest in a pair of PP.

1. What is a hip circle
2. Pain is more discomfort in the joint. I assume from squatting oly /narrow style for soany years.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
1. What is a hip circle
2. Pain is more discomfort in the joint. I assume from squatting oly /narrow style for soany years.

Hip circle is a training aid Mark Bell created. I use it to warm up my hips when I'm going to squat. Since yours sounds like over use, I'd honestly suggest picking up a pair of Inzer Power Pants and putting screaming toast (a topical analgesic) on your affected areas. That will also help warm it up. The PP will help support your hips when you squat.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Hip circle is a training aid Mark Bell created. I use it to warm up my hips when I'm going to squat. Since yours sounds like over use, I'd honestly suggest picking up a pair of Inzer Power Pants and putting screaming toast (a topical analgesic) on your affected areas. That will also help warm it up. The PP will help support your hips when you squat.

I googled it via the ole interwebz. I will use one of the bands at the gym to accomplish that warm up. Are the power pants as stiff as say a single ply suit?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I googled it via the ole interwebz. I will use one of the bands at the gym to accomplish that warm up. Are the power pants as stiff as say a single ply suit?

I've never work a single ply suit but I would say no... it's not nearly as stiff. PP do stretch. It just a couple sessions to break them in.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Not even close to single ply. It's like wearing two pairs of spandex

As for the hip.discomfort when squatting wide it's your hips. Not everyone can or should do it.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Not even close to single ply. It's like wearing two pairs of spandex

As for the hip.discomfort when squatting wide it's your hips. Not everyone can or should do it.

That sounds perfect then. Ton of great info in this thread. Thanks to all.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I've never work a single ply suit but I would say no... it's not nearly as stiff. PP do stretch. It just a couple sessions to break them in.

So how many sessions did it take for you to stretch your pp BrotherIron......lol

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015

Tried 355 for 2-sec pauses not too long ago...I suck at em...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic