Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

pause squats

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I am not nearly as fat as I used to be... still can't set that up though. So I usually start at or above parallel and overload.

have you tried starting from the j hooks then squatting down to the pins, pause, then stand up? gets me a in a much better position.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
have you tried starting from the j hooks then squatting down to the pins, pause, then stand up? gets me a in a much better position.

That's not truly a pin squat... It makes a big difference.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
5 second pauses are the devil....but they will bring your squat up fast. They will humble anyone.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
5 second pauses are the devil....but they will bring your squat up fast. They will humble anyone.

5 second pauses make my head feel like it's gonna explode! I never let my one homie count - only the young bucks. Dude started checking his phone and told a joke to someone else when he was on "3"!!!

Doucher... Hahahaha

I did hear one kid say, "That's the type of power I want right there. Look at that pause." I had him say it again, recorded it, made it my ringtone. Swag.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Did these for assistance tonight... ugh. Dude awful shit..

I normally squat very wide in a flat shoe. Paused squats like that are easy... I put my ristos and narrowed to shoulder width and did 5 sec pauses. Pathetic. Did 365 for doubles. I think my left eye was close to popping out of my face.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
Did these for assistance tonight... ugh. Dude awful shit..

I normally squat very wide in a flat shoe. Paused squats like that are easy... I put my ristos and narrowed to shoulder width and did 5 sec pauses. Pathetic. Did 365 for doubles. I think my left eye was close to popping out of my face.
Do you notice any gains in your normal squat changing to a narrow dtance at all?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Did these for assistance tonight... ugh. Dude awful shit.. I normally squat very wide in a flat shoe. Paused squats like that are easy... I put my ristos and narrowed to shoulder width and did 5 sec pauses. Pathetic. Did 365 for doubles. I think my left eye was close to popping out of my face.
Very nice. Thats exactly what i did thursday. Hell forst time in months i had no signes of tendonitis in my knees ao i squatted again last night too. I feel crippled as i lay here this morning.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Do you notice any gains in your normal squat changing to a narrow dtance at all?

My squat no, but it helps my sumo deadlift get off the floor faster. My normal squat has like no quad activation. I will send you a video. My squat freaks people out because it's raw but looks like I am wearing a suit with how wide I can get.

I can say I am a fan of leaving no stone unturned in strength training. And this has left me sore in unusual places. So it must be doing something.

Very nice. Thats exactly what i did thursday. Hell forst time in months i had no signes of tendonitis in my knees ao i squatted again last night too. I feel crippled as i lay here this morning.

Just flopped down on the toilet... agony.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
My squat no, but it helps my sumo deadlift get off the floor faster. My normal squat has like no quad activation. I will send you a video. My squat freaks people out because it's raw but looks like I am wearing a suit with how wide I can get.

I can say I am a fan of leaving no stone unturned in strength training. And this has left me sore in unusual places. So it must be doing something.

Just flopped down on the toilet... agony.
I squat very wide myself. But one bad habit i fall into is my knees go forward. Really brings the quads into the lift. Not what i want but it tends to happen.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I squat very wide myself. But one bad habit i fall into is my knees go forward. Really brings the quads into the lift. Not what i want but it tends to happen.

Moar box squats!!!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I could certainly benefit from squatting wide again, more glute ham activation. Last time I tried it felt terrible on my hips. Any suggestions? Im assuming, just keep doing them is the best thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic