Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Pauls Arm Progress Log!

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Ha ha you don't say mate we're practically neighbours . Looks to me as though you are doing too much ! Your routine reminds me of the stuff they used to print in the old muscle and fitness magazines when the pros were supposedly doing mega sets as opposed to what you should be doing as a natural athlete which is an abbreviated workout .

Lol! Yes rains here nearly every day at the moment! As you say mayb i am trying to hard and then over training them, will give Turbolags method a try and see how things go.

Thanks for all the Help Everyone!!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, I agree with some of the other comments on here. Arms get a lot of 'indirect' work as they are a secondary muscle for many exercises. Pretty easy to overwork, especially if you are partial to like doing a big volume arms session. I'm of the belief that arms have a big genetic factor to how they grow and respond to training; for example I I very rarely train mine (probably hit a little bi's and tri's maybe every month or two and that's it), but they still remain as my best bodypart despite not training them.

16.75' cold is pretty good though so don't sell yourself too short!

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Arms have always been my worst body part you all blow me away if that makes you all feel better lol. Do to inflammation in on my bi tendon lately for the first time I've laid off hammering the shit out of bi's. Funny thing is I think they are growing by doing 5lbs occasionally to gauge how my tendon is healing. You can barely tell a difference when I flex or not I have no peaks, just the rotten luck of having horrible bi insertion points. Started hammering tri never really did this as I was always hoping my bis would catch up a little, they seem to like getting pounded where bis seem to like no work at all.

I'm guessing I over train bis from hitting them super hard and with back training. Chest I tend to really be good at keeping my chest in the movement with bench and such so my tris aren't worked much is my broscience theory.

What my genetics lack in arms I can sneeze and grow quads and hams so I guess it's a fair but cruel trade.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Yeah, I agree with some of the other comments on here. Arms get a lot of 'indirect' work as they are a secondary muscle for many exercises. Pretty easy to overwork, especially if you are partial to like doing a big volume arms session. I'm of the belief that arms have a big genetic factor to how they grow and respond to training; for example I I very rarely train mine (probably hit a little bi's and tri's maybe every month or two and that's it), but they still remain as my best bodypart despite not training them.

16.75' cold is pretty good though so don't sell yourself too short!

Thanks Mini Forklift! Yes as the others have mentioned i will cut down and see how things go.

I wish they were 16.75 cold! that is with an extreme pump btw! if they were i could put on this log i have arrived.

Last edited:
sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Arms have always been my worst body part you all blow me away if that makes you all feel better lol. Do to inflammation in on my bi tendon lately for the first time I've laid off hammering the shit out of bi's. Funny thing is I think they are growing by doing 5lbs occasionally to gauge how my tendon is healing. You can barely tell a difference when I flex or not I have no peaks, just the rotten luck of having horrible bi insertion points. Started hammering tri never really did this as I was always hoping my bis would catch up a little, they seem to like getting pounded where bis seem to like no work at all.

I'm guessing I over train bis from hitting them super hard and with back training. Chest I tend to really be good at keeping my chest in the movement with bench and such so my tris aren't worked much is my broscience theory.

What my genetics lack in arms I can sneeze and grow quads and hams so I guess it's a fair but cruel trade.

Sorry about the inflammation in your bi Blacken, i know i have had plenty of injuries, and is not nice. Yes mayb we can all learn abit from this log and all grow abit more.

Yes as well i know the feeling, my chest and back grow fairly easily with very little effort at all.

Last edited:
Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Well said Sootywooty, after all we are all here on the boards to learn and progress for whatever our goals are.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hey SW. I got my lagging left arm to catch up over a year of adding an extra set or two when working my left biceps and triceps. Since then it has stayed caught up more or less.

The best way to grow your arms, IMO is to grow your whole body by getting your bulk diet spot on (nice and clean and big enough to let you grow), and working like a mofo.

This is my 900th post! Woo Hoo!

Last edited:
sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Hey SW. I got my lagging left arm to catch up over a year of adding an extra set or two when working my left biceps and triceps. Since then it has stayed caught up more or less.

The best way to grow your arms, IMO is to grow your whole body by getting your bulk diet spot on (nice and clean and big enough to let you grow), and working like a mofo.

This is my 900th post! Woo Hoo!

Congrats on your 900th post Woodswise! Yes i have been doing a few extras on my left arm like you say, and seems nearly their now was 1/2 inch difference.

I have added more fats and this has helped over the past few weeks abit, i was thinking of adding some whey protein, and egg protein combind also, anybody had good results on this sort of formula at all.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
By way of comparison, I do four sets of triceps, twice a week, and do not train my biceps directly at all.

Same for me...lol and arms are my best body part!:)

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Hi All! Well i have done 3 workouts with the new arm routine now and my arms are up by 1/8 of an inch, it mayb just the newness of this new arm schedule, but is a good start anyhow. So Thanks! for your Help.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Hi All! Well i have done 3 workouts with the new arm routine now and my arms are up by 1/8 of an inch, it mayb just the newness of this new arm schedule, but is a good start anyhow. So Thanks! for your Help.

So SW, how has the arm work been since your last post?

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
So SW, how has the arm work been since your last post?

Lol! Still slow up to 16 and a bit cold so about 3/8 total since the start, i really hammer the triceps now on the friday workout.

I dont think i will make the 16 3/4 cold though but will keep trying, Thanks for asking btw.

I often look at Sergios arms for motivation! his were measured at 20 1/8 cold at his 5' 10'' height, i know some are bigger now a days, but i am not sure what some put in them either, they can even inject under the muscle to maintain the definition as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic