Rolanalon
What's New?

Passports Please

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Never heard of this but I looked it up. Looks like an additional $100? Can that be added on later? We are going today to file for passports. I really hate this shit!
Yes, you apply and have to go for an interview with US Customs and get printed. This lets you get in the TSA Pre-Check line at airports and skip the cheese line at Customs when coming into the country. There is also a US Passport app you can download on your phone which you can fill out the Customs for on and declare anything you are bringing into the country. One less thing to wait in line for.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Yes, you apply and have to go for an interview with US Customs and get printed. This lets you get in the TSA Pre-Check line at airports and skip the cheese line at Customs when coming into the country. There is also a US Passport app you can download on your phone which you can fill out the Customs for on and declare anything you are bringing into the country. One less thing to wait in line for.

If you drive across the US border you will want Sentri and not Global entry. It is a global entry but also covers your vehicle. The vehicle you cross with must be registers in Sentri also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If you drive across the US border you will want Sentri and not Global entry. It is a global entry but also covers your vehicle. The vehicle you cross with must be registers in Sentri also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that info 69! Like I said, One day I'm getting back up to the Falls and that's within a somewhat painful driving distance. Canada use to easy until those POS 911ers came in through there.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Wife filled out all the paperwork because she knows how that shit makes me grumpy. Went to the post office, gave them the forms and they took my pic. The lady said they may not take my birth cert. because it was hand written. Da fuuk, they have computers for that back in the mid 60's? The wife's cert was g2g because she got a new computer printed one when she took my last name. Well we will see!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I find it strange that in the US, if you arrive by airplane, you've got to provide your passport, etc. If you arrive by foot on the southern border, you don't. Hmmm....

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I find it strange that in the US, if you arrive by airplane, you've got to provide your passport, etc. If you arrive by foot on the southern border, you don't. Hmmm....
For some reason, if you go on a cruise that leaves the US and returns to the US, you don't need a passport; that's about to change. I guess bad people don't arive on a boat.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason, if you go on a cruise that leaves the US and returns to the US, you don't need a passport; that's about to change. I guess bad people don't arive on a boat.

I was just being a smartass about how those who follow the rules will get turned away at the airport and denied entry, while all the illegals coming from Mexico can get right through....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
LK said it best, get a passport, then apply for global entry that comes with the free TSA precheck. Makes your life easier when coming back to the US.

Now, I’m surprised they let you do the birth certificate. 5 years ago I had to get a passport to travel anywhere in the Virgin Islands. You also need a passport for Mexico and Canada.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
LK said it best, get a passport, then apply for global entry that comes with the free TSA precheck. Makes your life easier when coming back to the US.

Now, I’m surprised they let you do the birth certificate. 5 years ago I had to get a passport to travel anywhere in the Virgin Islands. You also need a passport for Mexico and Canada.
When I applied for a passport 15 years ago, written birth certificate was a no no, had to go to the health department for a computer generated one and some cream for a rash that wouldnt go away.....

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
You are required to also have a driver's licence too. This is only for cruising from the US and returing to the US.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Well after a big go-round and having to get my State Congressman's office involved, I now have a passport. 3 days before I am going away is cutting it a bit close. They only issues a 1 year because my birth cert was hand written. My birth predated computers!

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Well after a big go-round and having to get my State Congressman's office involved, I now have a passport. 3 days before I am going away is cutting it a bit close. They only issues a 1 year because my birth cert was hand written. My birth predated computers!
Did u smile for the pic?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic