Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Passing gear through semen

Mutant 75

Mutant 75

Feb 22, 2020
So I and my wife was wondering. Can she be getting micro doses of my gear, through sex or sweat? She has some newer things happening. She has a fine fuzz on her neck . Not Bad! Just something shes noticed lately. Her sex drive is high or shes moody. Shes 39, and a mother, wife, and works. So it could just be life and getting older. Or could it be shhhhhhhhh! Steroids in a creepy mutant whisper

Mutant 75

Mutant 75

Feb 22, 2020
SEX AND PSYCHOLOGY
VIEW ORIGINAL
Can Medications and Drugs Be Transferred Through Semen?
January 9, 2019 Justin J Lehmiller
image-asset.jpeg

Readers of the blog frequently send me questions about sex, and I’ve noticed that some of them seem to pop up more often than others. One that I find myself hearing over and over again is whether medications can potentially be transferred from one sexual partner to another through semen. For example, these are just a few of the many questions that I’ve received recently:
“My boyfriend is currently taking prednisone, which I'm allergic to. Will this steroid come to my body through his semen?”
“I am a recovering addict. My question is if my husband is still using meth can those chemicals be transferred through vaginal sex?”
“My husband is on very strong medications. He takes a high dose of cyclosporine every day. I am currently pregnant. Do you think the semen, which stays in me for hours has a large effect on me? Should we be taking precautions?”

I answered a similar question on the blog a few years back, which is available here. The short version is that medications and other drugs that men consume do indeed appear in their semen to some degree; however, scientists believe that any chemical transfer that might occur through penile-vaginal intercourse is unlikely to be “quantitatively important” [1]. Little has been said about the transfer potential through other sexual activities (e.g., oral sex, anal sex), so we can’t really say much about that from a research standpoint yet.
If drug transfer through semen was a major or common problem, we’d likely see effects on developing fetuses in cases where pregnant women have unprotected sex with a male partner who is taking drugs known to be toxic to a developing fetus; however, that’s not what the data show. For example, in a human study, researchers found no difference in likelihood of adverse pregnancy outcomes regardless of whether the male partner was taking such drugs around the time of conception or not [2]. Likewise, in an experimental animal study, researchers found that there was no “biologically meaningful exposure risk” of medication through semen [3].
That said, I did some more digging since my original blog post and came across a medical case study from the 1980s suggesting possible seminal transfer of penicillin to a woman who was allergic to this drug [4]. I also discovered a 2019 case report describing a woman with an allergy to amoxicillin who experienced anaphylaxis after performing oral sex on a man taking amoxicillin [5].
Because we’re only talking about two reports from just two patients and there does not appear to be additional research in the area, it’s hard to know exactly what to make of this. But it suggests the possibility that there could potentially be some rare combination of factors that might result in side effects from seminal medication transfer. For example, perhaps if a man is taking a high dose of a specific drug, he produces above-average quantities of semen, and he has unprotected sex frequently with a partner who is highly sensitive to that drug, his partner *might* experience a reaction.
Again, this is an area where we could definitely use more research. That said, the best answer I can provide based on the available evidence is that medication transfer through semen is unlikely to represent a problem in the vast majority of cases; however, there may be some rare instances in which it is. So if this is something you’re worried about, consult with your doctor and remember that there are things you can do to prevent any potential medication transfer through sex, such as by using condoms.
For previous editions of Sex Question Friday, click here. To send in a question for a future edition, click here.
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology ? Click
here for previous articles or follow the blog on Facebook (facebook.com/psychologyofsex), Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit (reddit.com/r/psychologyofsex) to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
[1] Klemmt, L., & Scialli, A. R. (2005). The transport of chemicals in semen. Birth Defects Research Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, 74(2), 119-131.
[2] Weber-Schoendorfer, C., Hoeltzenbein, M., Wacker, E., Meister, R., & Schaefer, C. (2013). No evidence for an increased risk of adverse pregnancy outcome after paternal low-dose methotrexate: an observational cohort study. Rheumatology, ket390.
[3] Breslin, W. J., Hilbish, K. G., Page, T. J., & Coutant, D. E. (2014). Assessment of fetal exposure risk following seminal excretion of a therapeutic IgG4 (T-IgG4) monoclonal antibody using a rabbit model. Reproductive Toxicology, 48, 124-131.
[4] Green, R. L., & Green, M. A. (1985). Postcoital urticaria in a penicillin-sensitive patient: possible seminal transfer of penicillin. JAMA, 254(4), 531-531.
[5] Gómez Caballero N, Almenara S, Tévar Terol A, et al Anaphylaxis probably induced by transfer of amoxicillin via oral sex. BMJ Case Reports CP 2019;12:e227398.
Image Credit: iStockphoto
You Might Also Like:
Discover more from Sex And Psychology

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Many years ago I was banging a hot Brazilian milf while on a nice dose of tren . I busted lots of nuts in her and she swore she was getting leaner

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Many years ago I was banging a hot Brazilian milf while on a nice dose of tren . I busted lots of nuts in her and she swore she was getting leaner

******TRANSLATION*****
For the last few weeks I have been sucking off a Brazilian Tranny and swallowing, he/she is on Tren and I have been getting leaner....

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
So I and my wife was wondering. Can she be getting micro doses of my gear, through sex or sweat? She has some newer things happening. She has a fine fuzz on her neck . Not Bad! Just something shes noticed lately. Her sex drive is high or shes moody. Shes 39, and a mother, wife, and works. So it could just be life and getting older. Or could it be shhhhhhhhh! Steroids in a creepy mutant whisper

Let me get this right; she's now a 39 y.o. mother? Trust ol' Snakey on this one, this talk is a prelude to spitting. Nip it in the bud before you end up with jizz dripping off your nut sack.

T

Thehogsters

Feb 21, 2020
I say no. Unless her clit starts to grow then you know it is getting in her. Lol

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Well, this is one way for women to get a "low dose" of gear. bwahaha

D

DragonRider

Sep 17, 2010
SEX AND PSYCHOLOGY
VIEW ORIGINALCan Medications and Drugs Be Transferred Through Semen?
Discover more from Sex And Psychology

It is interesting to me that the drugs cited in this study are all oral. Oral drugs can be eliminated through urine by way of the kidneys. I don't think the same thing is true for injected drugs. JMHO , I'm not an expert.
Transdermal test can be transferred by skin contact, so there is a warning on the label.
I have been on prescribed TRT for over 20 years and can testify that my wife has not had any of the benefits or side effects one would expect.
The OP said his wife is in her late 30's, I would suspect she is beginning to have a natural decline in estrogen levels that is causing the effects they are noticing. Declining estrogen levels would create an imbalance in test, estrogen and progesterone levels possibly favoring testosterone. Testosterone is an important component of sexual desire in both sexes.

Last edited:
Mutant 75

Mutant 75

Feb 22, 2020
I also read were it's easier to pass through pee. Which I do dribble and piss like crazy! I'm sure it's my prostrate and I am 45. I always pee before sex and dribble after I pee.
Screenshot_20200227-231701_Chrome.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic