Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

PA's Training Log

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
As promised I begin my log here today. This next part is copy and pasted from my intro earlier.

Early going on mid 30's
5'10"
215ish give or take a little

Best meet lifts at 242
500 squat with wraps
370 bench
600 deadlift (sumo)

Best gym lifts at sub 220
465 squat with wraps, 425 without
365 paused bench
585 deadlift (conventional and sumo)

Been working out consistently in some form almost five years now, training seriously for powerlifting for about two and a half years. I've done two meets and getting ready for my third in September. I originally wanted to go for 1600+ at 242, but decided 1550 at 220 would be better for me for now.

I'll expand upon that. After my meet at the beginning of the year I took a little time to work on my press and did a little hypertrophy work. Then ran the Sheiko four day routine while I cut about twenty pounds. Those gym lifts were from the mock meet at the end of Sheiko, which I believe was seven weeks ago. Been doing a little hypertrophy work since then while still hitting the comp lifts at higher reps and cut a little more weight. Strength is down maybe a little since then. More room to grow into 220 though.

My state records for bench and deadlift in the 220 class are actually surprisingly low for the fed I'll be competing in in September and that's the reason for staying at this weight class.

As I mentioned in my intro I'll be working with POB for my meet prep. Had my first session of his programming earlier and I'll get to that in my next post.

Diet will be zig zag/carb cycling. ~3300 calories on off days and ~4500 on training days. I just started this in the last week and it's been awhile since I've done it, so it'll take some adjusting I'm sure. I'd prefer minimal or no cutting to make weight if possible.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, so if anyone has any questions, comments or concerns feel free to post them up. Thanks for reading.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
Weight was 216lbs

Calorie intake: 4521
Carbs: 646
Fat: 97
Protein: 274

Competition deadlift (sumo)
Warmed up and did 15 sets of 2 at 475
Double paused bench press 245 for 5x5
Deadlift to the knees with a pause
Worked up to 365x5
10% load drop to 330 for 3x5
Rode my bike to and from the gym as a warm-up and cool down.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
Great start , im subbed. Macro breakdown nice to see too

Thanks. Yeah, trying to stay accountable with tracking calories and macros and posting should help. This'll be my first meet trying to stay at a weight class rather than just coming in how I am, too. I'll be taking nutrition seriously.

Reactions: 5.0
_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Welcome brother.

Nice work on your first day of Bully Yoga, 15x2 days are no joke.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
Welcome brother.

Nice work on your first day of Bully Yoga, 15x2 days are no joke.

Thank you. I honestly wasn't sure what weight to use as I've never done anything like that. 475 seemed a good place to start and it turned out to be about right.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I'm subbed in ... nice start to BY

Stay on top of those recovery methods (rolling, heat, light stretching, prayer, cursing PoB, more prayer, more heat, etc.) after your BY training days.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
I'm subbed in ... nice start to BY

Stay on top of those recovery methods (rolling, heat, light stretching, prayer, cursing PoB, more prayer, more heat, etc.) after your BY training days.

lol, thanks. I didn't log it, but I actually went back to the gym for a recovery session last night. I normally lift with my fiancee after work and yesterday she got her nails done after work. I didn't want to actually lift that late, so I went at normal time and then again with her. I did around 35 minutes of slow walking and then around 45 minutes of various stretches and band work.

Not going to lie though, recovery work is something that gets neglected often. I go through phases where I do it a lot and sometimes very little until I'm hurting. Something I need to work on for sure.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic