Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Partial Labrum Tear in Hip

S

Sliknik1026

Jan 28, 2012
I have a partial tear in my labrum in my right hip. I have completed 4 months of PT and have been trying to rest it as much as possible without doing surgery. it feels much better but I can still tell a huge difference in my recovery from cardio or squats. Has anyone experienced this? Is surgery the only solution? Can any supplements help?

18gauge

Feb 3, 2012
how old are you? Ive seen this surgery, not a lot of docs do it- for a reason. if your pain is bearable deal with it, if not surgery is an option. but realize there isnt any long term follow data on people who have had this done. the labrum is there to take some of the pressure off the hyaline cartilage in the hip, if you have the torn section removed you can accelerate damage to the cartilage= hip replacement in 10-15 years. so basically if you are younger than 40 and very active i wouldnt even consider it. when you go to the doc make sure to ask him about the long term data on hip scopes, if he tries to feed you BS, find another doc

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I tore the labrum in my shoulder did pt etc......found out my labrum tear had detached and fell away,lastly I was talked into a cortisone shot by the surgeon and that was 4 years ago.............took a couple monthes to normalize been good ever since

A

Airborne

Jan 19, 2011
I have this also, I will not have sug yet the success rate is not good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic