Frank Rizzo

May 19, 2019
just finished reading business secrets of the pharaohs. strong read

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
right before the market goes up
Let us know when that is. Make sure your crystal ball has fresh batteries!

I would wait for some sideways movement trending upwards. Combined with watching news on coronavirus stats to improve. Or start dollar cost averaging now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
right before the market goes up

easier said than done.

i’m still waiting for it to crash even more.

i guess a better question should be who sold at the height of the bubble?

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
I don't trust any trading platforms. I had a td Ameritrade account. Called to have the close all my positions last Thursday. I had a zero margin balance. When they liquidated all my positions. It triggered a pattern day trader alert. They said it didn't matter. They were transfering my balance. That was 4 days ago still no money in my account. Just got off the phone with them. They said i owed them 3.60 in interest
That was holding up my tranfer. Whst a joke. Never again.​

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
You ever hear the Lenyard Skynard song Give me my MONEY BACK. Assholes.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
The market will bounce 1500 pts after stimulus package is passed. Then be flat with small ups and downs for at least a year.imo

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Anyone who says they can time the market is lying. Doesn't mean that someone doesn't guess it correctly. Someone will, but someone will also win the lottery. It's good to be lucky, but it's not a plan or strategy.

The smart thing to do is probably to sit tight when market volatility is still pretty high, but then once things settle a bit, then I'd slowly enter the market by dollar cost averaging. That is, if you've got $100 sitting in cash, put $10 a week back into the market each week over the next 10 weeks. that way you're not really trying to time anything.

But money that goes into the market is the money you have left laying around AFTER you've got a good 3 month emergency fund, in the event of a sudden job loss, illness, etc. that way you've got cash reserves and have the ability to always be making long term decisions rather than rash, short term decisions.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I jumped out completely last Monday. I’ll be back in once it starts going the right direction.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic