Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Panicked about a stock-market crash?

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
I'm really liking Pinterest. Keep an eye on it, market cap is only 1.8 B with much upside.

does it concern you at all that Pinterest has been around about 10 years and never made a profit yet? what makes you think they’re going to be profitable now if they couldn’t do it in past 10 years?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
does it concern you at all that Pinterest has been around about 10 years and never made a profit yet? what makes you think they’re going to be profitable now if they couldn’t do it in past 10 years?
Kinda like Facebook?

Took Amazon 20 years to show a profit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I remember when I read that Monster.com was the only online resume service showing a profit, so I bought a good chunk of it. I think I got .25 on the dollar out of it after it folded.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Still trading index/energy futures. 10+ years and counting.

Scrapping_Irish

Scrapping_Irish

VIP Member
Sep 12, 2010
Mugz I'd ditch pinterest, they are another snapchat, 10 years and they still loose money. Baba, bidu, jmia, msft, and soon uber are my top holdings and have been dynamite. Lots of long term growth ahead. Tesla is looking good right now as well with the lower price tag and being the closest company to self driving vehicles. I day traded most of my shares of jmia the day the ipo was released, made a quick 900 profit and 10 free shares that I'll hold forever.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hmm...I was looking at a few long term stocks and wanted to know what everyone is thinking?

Also any short term that aren’t public yet that I could jump on. I missed the beyond meat chance.

F

Frank Rizzo

May 19, 2019
Maybe we can get to know each others trading styles with a few stories.

Has your dog (or cat if youre a girl or gay dude). ever walked across your keyboard and inadvertently made a million dollar winning trade on your behalf?

F

Frank Rizzo

May 19, 2019
The first time I was a millionaire it lasted about 24 hours. I had 15k leveraged to the gills on short euro position before a massive runaway drop. Back then you could leverage 100 to 1 at most places and some places even let you go to 1000to1. The market starts its collapse and suddenly the connection to the FXCM servers went dark and the next day they cancelled all trades. Turns out that after getting caught doing it before, they were still taking the other side of traders' positions and betting against their clients. They were in the hole a billion dollars or something. Company eventually goes under and I receive a check for something to the tune of 2 grand months later. No one went to jail.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic