Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Panicked about a stock-market crash?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Good advice if you are panicked about the stock market activity over the last 6 weeks. I can tell you I'm losing my mind over it.

Panicked about a stock-market crash? What you need to remember fits on one note card.

ejy4p5.jpg

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Taking a beating the last few weeks!

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Hows AMZN doing ? a double top or is it forming a Head and shoulders pattern on the weekly?

Mr P

Mr P

Jun 21, 2011
now you must give a 20% down for a home and Interest rates are going up, very unstable market,

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Once the drama of impending doom (for Trump) plays out...I predict resignation "deal" to keep Don JR. and Ivanka from doing time...the markets will bounce back. The super wealthy play the emotional roller-coaster card in order to make big purchases of falling stocks. Ride it Out.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yep, if you have cash laying around time to go shopping. I didn't buy enough when everything was down in '08 and still kicking myself for some of the stocks I was watching and didn't buy, especially Sirius for $0.05!!

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Hows AMZN doing ? a double top or is it forming a Head and shoulders pattern on the weekly?

Looks like a double bottom to me on the daily but I'd wait for the macD to bottom/turn up before dipping my toe in.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/dPzYx9ke/

The weekly shows no H&S topping pattern that I can see. What I do see is price dipping into long term support. Once the the macD on the daily turns up it'll be safe to start a position.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/mv57R0bC/

I wouldn't initiate any new longs until 2019. Should get a nice DCB at that point which will make another good shorting opp.

pix3r

pix3r

Mar 14, 2017
It will recover, Nov/Dec is the worst time in the market due to tax selling.

I'm down a total of 60K this year, 20 of that being from the last 3 weeks of tax selloff. You only lose if you sell. You should only sell if you dont believe in the company. If you believe in the company and dont need the money, I would let it sit (which is what I am doing).

The other 40k, I sold to tax write-off myself so I can write off against 2019+ gains

As for Amazon and the others... they will recover. Amazon was 1400 8 weeks ago, went back to 1780 2 weeks ago, now at 1400 area. Wait for Feb/March 2019, Amazon will report its earnings for Xmas =)

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's only ugly if you need to sell. Otherwise, equities are on sale. Just wish I didn't have 2 kids attending private colleges at the moment so I'd have more cash on hand. But still putting my full amounts (plus catch up) to my and my wife's 401k.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I know everyone is freaking out, but I'm hoping it goes down more because I just want to buy a ton of stocks. It sucks because some are going to loose money... which I have a few stocks that lost 50%, but it's the risk of it.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Good advice if you are panicked about the stock market activity over the last 6 weeks. I can tell you I'm losing my mind over it.

Panicked about a stock-market crash? What you need to remember fits on one note card.

ejy4p5.jpg

Admin, what stocks are you holding these days? Tech?

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Definitely in a correction, AMZN is lookng for a sign of support on the second leg of her first bear flag on a down trend. hopefully she forms a nice cup and handle pattern and than proceeds to breaks all Google Nasdaq stock market records. ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic