pbtom
What's New?

Pandemic: our frontline soldiers

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Nothing but respect for those of you who provide vital medical services to the public.

I just don't want us to get into a pissing match between those who are concerned that this pandemic is being used as a political wedge to separate us.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Yeah, war.

You familiar? People dying all around you. PTSD?

Most of these folks aren’t going to be accustomed to a critical care/ER environment.

Many folks on the front lines in Italy are 4th and 5th year med school students. Probably have never witnessed a live death. Now they are multiple daily.

War. Oooooooook?!?!

Can you read? LMFAO

Only a dumb shit civilian who's never been to war would compare real WAR and what's going on now. Yes, i've been to war, many times. Read the sig.

Keep crying and spewing out your bullshit. NO ONE CARES.

Last edited:
Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
The amount of knowledge and skill, a 2-3yrs ICU or ER nurse has, is more than a 20yr veteran Med-Surg RN. The desire to help can’t bridge the training gap is what I meant.

My mother was an RN for ~20 years then earned her NP and worked another ~20 as one. Earning her NP almost killed her because she worked full time doing so and had to get her hours at a clinic in a very shady part of a city. She worked in all departments at multiple hospitals. I remember being admidded for a minor issue and she came to visit me. During our short visit her beeper was blowing up and doctors kepts walking in asking her questions about everything. After she left doctors from all departmetns came to talk to me about her tell me she'd be the first they'd go to for help with anything, DDx, labs, everything. While earning my DC she'd be the one I'd ask for help with clin chem. It was nuts, i read off a few things off the lab i'd get and she would give me the patient's age, gender, and ethnicity. Spot on every single time. It blew some of the MD's we had on staff at school

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Can you read? LMFAO

Only a dumb shit civilian who's never been to war would compare real WAR and what's going on now. Yes, i've been to war, many times. Read the sig.

Keep crying and spewing out your bullshit. NO ONE CARES.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Get well soon.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic