Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Pain/soreness

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Ok Let me start off by saying I am 27 yrs old and when I was 19 or 20 yrs old I was in a high speed motorcycle accident. I flipped my bike at 85 mph and got road rash and couldn't hardly walk for a few days. I didn't ever go to hospital but my back has hurt off and on ever since. All I did was go to Dr and get muscle relaxers and some pain med. Ok so for the past few weeks and it's not every morning but when I get up I have weak feeling arms and right above my knees are week sometimes. To be honest I haven't worked out in a couple weeks cause I hurt my back lifting. Has this ever happened to anyone? Just wondering if it might be my new pillow causing me to sleep funny. I toss and turn at night I only sleep on my sides can't sleep on my back or atleast can't fall asleep on my back. The feeling is like that of right after you ha a charlie horse. Thanks for any help in andvance.

Last edited:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
if it started after the new pillow, than i would definately go back to the one you were using before. the nerves for the limbs all pass through the cervical spin with the upper limbs detouring first, obviously. if the arms are tingling and you are experiencing weakness in one leg than you are probably pinching or irritating the nerves. do you sleep on one side more than the other?

the spine does a whole bunch of work even though we never really think of it. it is very prone to arthritic changes. in animals that walk on all fours we see significant spinal changes and spondylosis so the fact that we walk upright makes our verterbrae even more prone to stability issues and such. the neck is moved so much that arthritic changes happen there pretty early. as we age it doesnt take much to inflame a facet or the nerves.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I honestly can only sleep on one side for so long I think. Pillow shopping is the hardest thin to do. They feel good in the store u get them home and not good at all. I kinda think it's a nerve also ATW. Thanks for your input.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i hate pillow shopping as well. i have learned to buy thin ones and then double them up because when i try to buy the ones for bad necks they always seem to make it worse. one thing you might want to try is a buckwheat pillow. they are pretty spendy but supposed to really help with such things. i have some and not sure what happened to them or why i stopped using them. hmmmm might have to unearth them.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Agree with the pillow.I had an issue that my neck was all out of place and it traveled down my right side.I changed to a different new pillow and it went away.I am a side sleeper,flip flopper too.I have found the best luck with "down" type pillows .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic