pbtom
What's New?

P90X and Women

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Here's the story.....
My wife and I had our first child 6 months ago. Things are finally beginning to settle down and my wife wants to work on getting her body back. She hates gyms, doesn't mind working out, but hates gym atmosphere. She likes the group classes yoga, zoomba, and whatever else..but its nearly impossible to plan for a class with two working parents and an infant. We have been looking at P90X as an option for her b/c it is home-based with no set schedule. I can take the man-child for an hour or so while she sneaks in a workout without a gym commute or class time. Wondering if any guys have spouses or significant others that have tried this program or any ladies with experience. Any help is appreciated.

Thanx,
MAYO

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
People knock P90x all the time...those people are either idiots or have not tried it and do not know what they are talking about. I've personally done some of the cardio workouts and yoga and have been blown away. I wouldn't use the weight traning part, but just the cardio and yoga are great for staying in shape. I've had a few girls try it with great success, even after just 30 days. BUT, you must tell her....this is NOT an easy program and it will go beyond kicking her ass. It's well worth the money, but I can almost guarantee she won't finish many of the videos the first week. But, I do agree that it's definitely convenient and you can go at your own pace if you desire.

So I say give it a shot. And for you, try some of the cardio type workouts....way better than any cardio you could possibly do at the gym.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
For what p90x is, which at the end of the day its a program backed by some broscience, its above average and not meant for people that want to be serious athletes. For the everyday person that just wants to get some physical activity or someone who finds this sort of stuff fun, its fine.

P90X - 11 - Cardio X -1 -
P90X - 11 - Cardio X_2 -

Heres one of their cds you can take a look at to get a feel for what the program entails.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Again, I DO NOT recommend the weight training portion....that is the only portion that teaches "muscle confusion", which has never been proven to actually occur on a scientific level. Just do the cardio, kenpo, plyometrics, yoga, stretching, and abs

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Its phenomenal for beginners, and ppl who want to wear 'skinny-jeans' lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My girlfriend did three "cycles" lol of it last year and she friggin loves it. She says she was at her most fit level in her life after that. I think its fucking stupid but thats cause I'm trying to get huge so back to the point. She has a workout area in the basement with mats and pink dumbells. When she comes upstairs she is sweaty and disgusting and requires immediate bathing. If your wife likes to sweat to death while busting her ass through a tough workout every day then she'll love it. Find a friend thats got the dvd's and burn em maybe to save some dough. And Mayo - most importantly do not watch any portion of these dvd's. Tony Horton is the biggest Hmo ever and I think it's catchy...

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Well sry bro. I really think this is a great program. Not for you but def for your wife.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ok I made it through the part where he says "gonna burn off some goo today" .I have heard friends say they really like it.These said friends are not athletes and your general couch potatoe.Personally I always like Billy Blanks Tae bo for at home video cardio ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic