Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Overtraining: Recognize It and Prevent It

Miss Q

Miss Q

TID Lady Member
Aug 13, 2011
Miss Q rottenrogue is a strongwoman competitor an you can follow along with her training. Look under the member online journal forum for her log. You should also do a little intro post under new member intro's :)

Dang...oK!!! Thanks, I will do it!! By the way....GREAT read!

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I watched a bitch fall off a treadmill and break her nose...does that mean she was over training? :p

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
No, but I love when they text and drop their phones, then the tread mill launches it across the room!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I think it's worse with the gear. When your skwat suddenly shoots up 100lbs it can be difficult to recover from that. KBD is maybe half right though at least. The increased protein synthesis has to help to a great degree. But the central nervous system can still be overloaded.

And never forget about your weakest link... usually the joints & tendons that have to support all the weight your muscles can suddenly lift.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
No, but I love when they text and drop their phones, then the tread mill launches it across the room!

I tried doing this once to keep myself occupied during one of my 1 hr cardio sessions... ended up w/ jacked up neck from trying to text while on a 15 degree angle....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

A video of that would be worth at least 200K hits on youtube...

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Great post. Another thing to look out for and what I look out for with guys that I train is their grip strength, it's a little easier to spot in power lifters because they tend to use weights that are higher into their 1rm during some workouts.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Great post. Another thing to look out for and what I look out for with guys that I train is their grip strength, it's a little easier to spot in power lifters because they tend to use weights that are higher into their 1rm during some workouts.

You mean as a sign of over training??? That's fascinating I never thought of that...

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I'm a Powerlifter so this can come fast real fast like with in 4 weeks.

I can tell how my thought process is and most of all how heavy light weight feels.

For me it's not muscle fatigue or getting weaker as most would think but as stated in the OP it's my CNS = Central Nervous System needing a rest.

I try to deload every 4th week by backing off some or just taking a day or 2 off I try to make them days Bench days so I can keep my Lower days going.

It took years and other people to teach me to understand this I couldn't understand why this was happening for the life of me.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
You mean as a sign of over training??? That's fascinating I never thought of that...

Yes. Here is a pretty good article with a bunch of references http://www.apec-s.com/The importance of grip strength.pdf and there is a book called overtraining in sports that referenced a study done on wrestlers after two days of competition, their grip strength drops. The idea is, in order to grip something you actually use 30 some odd muscles, a drop in your central nervous systems ability to coordinate between such a number of muscles would likely show quicker.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic