Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Overkill Bench Shirts

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I'm hearing these are some great shirts and the best you can buy today. Does anybody have an overkill bench shirt or can confirm?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Great shirts. Pretty jacked up shirts to learn in. Seams are a bit different than normal shorts. It tends to "bite" in a different areas compared to the normal shirts. I would pick them or Metal's new "Jack" line.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I'm hearing these are some great shirts and the best you can buy today. Does anybody have an overkill shirt or can confirm?

Confirmed, Katana has always sucked!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Confirmed, Katana has always sucked!

Thats the shirt Halo started in and has recently gotten out of (and is happy he did).

PLK recommends the overkill shirts. Would this be a good one for me to learn the shirt in?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Thats the shirt Halo started in and has recently gotten out of (and is happy he did).

PLK recommends the overkill shirts. Would this be a good one for me to learn the shirt in?

Hell no bro that shirt is advanced!

Learn in a F6 bro you'll thank me latter!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The Overkill shirts ( I have 2, a 2-ply and a 3-ply) are the best I have used.... I've used Denim, Titan F6 and a prototype BOSS, Rage X's ( sorry no Metal's other than trying one workout in a borrowed ACE)..... and the Overkill out performs them all.

*** for me***

That's the big thing. I have a really good crew that really knows how to work a bench shirt so we have no trouble touching in even the tightest Overkill shirts..... but for a lot of people they are too much support.

Here's the thing though, I've talked a lot with Rudy on the phone ( Rudy runs Overkill) and have met with him more than a few times. If you get him a video of you benching and tell him how you lift, how much experience you have, etc.... he'll dial the shirt in for you. HE has a few different strengths of materials that he uses ( my 3-ply uses thinner material than my 2-ply) and if you ask really nice he can dial in a looser fit for you to learn the shirt then adjust it in when you are ready. It's not a matter of lifting enough weight it's just learning the technique. My wife, at ~120#, can touch 185 in her 2-ply Overkill. I can touch 365 in the same shirt I bench 700+ in. It sucks to do it, but I can....

So, I recommend them.... but I would be very careful what you ask for when you order to make sure that you get the right thing for you. On the bright side, what other gear company can you call the owner and get his advise fitting a shirt?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Depending on your size I have a split back F6 48 that is just broken in I will sell.

I have 3 things I can sell depending on size.

Brand new Super Centurion briefs 44 wide stance got to parallel once that new!

Metal King Pro Deadlifter 56 used in 1 meet and 3 training sessions.

F6 custom split back bench shirt 48.

I'm out for a long time and it's all raw bullshit until after surgery so if you know anyone that wants them 3 things let me know.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The Overkill shirts ( I have 2, a 2-ply and a 3-ply) are the best I have used.... I've used Denim, Titan F6 and a prototype BOSS, Rage X's ( sorry no Metal's other than trying one workout in a borrowed ACE)..... and the Overkill out performs them all.

*** for me***

That's the big thing. I have a really good crew that really knows how to work a bench shirt so we have no trouble touching in even the tightest Overkill shirts..... but for a lot of people they are too much support.

Here's the thing though, I've talked a lot with Rudy on the phone ( Rudy runs Overkill) and have met with him more than a few times. If you get him a video of you benching and tell him how you lift, how much experience you have, etc.... he'll dial the shirt in for you. HE has a few different strengths of materials that he uses ( my 3-ply uses thinner material than my 2-ply) and if you ask really nice he can dial in a looser fit for you to learn the shirt then adjust it in when you are ready. It's not a matter of lifting enough weight it's just learning the technique. My wife, at ~120#, can touch 185 in her 2-ply Overkill. I can touch 365 in the same shirt I bench 700+ in. It sucks to do it, but I can....

So, I recommend them.... but I would be very careful what you ask for when you order to make sure that you get the right thing for you. On the bright side, what other gear company can you call the owner and get his advise fitting a shirt?

Very good points, PLK. Rudy is top notch. Just wish he was a bit faster and what not, but I think he got overwhelmed with the need for his shirts. Plus, his shirts truly are custom. But you are right, he can look at a vid and alter the shirt accordingly.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Bob loves his Overkill..he got one of the first single ply to test. He also loves the overkill dl suits...he is a huge fan of Rudy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic