Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Over-Stimulation from pre-workout supplements

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
2-3 scoops of Superpump 250 and my teeth start to chattter by themselves. As I get older I seem to get more sensitive to stimulants. I get to the point where I can't train if I'm too geeked out on Stims. Now, I just use a NO/BCAA product with other non stimulant supps.

I've noticed that as well, used to take yohimbee quite often. Now I can't stand the shit, makes me instantly pissed and edgey!

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Rick Smith gave me samples of AX Stimulant Extreme(before it was pulled for having cocaine-like substances) and I only took one pill, by the time it came to workout I wasn't feeling much motivation so I popped 200mg of caffeine. Couldn't sleep for over 24 hours. It's not like I was energized and didn't want to sleep; I was dead tired and near tears because I couldn't sleep.

C

CalKiller

Jan 21, 2011
i usually hit 3 scoops of jacked to get the desired affect, but if i take any pre supp after 6 pm... forget it.. ill be up all damn night..

and i used to take superpump but now its superdump for me.. i take one scoop and ill be shittin my brains out

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Before I realized nano vapor had caffeine i was drinking 4 or 5 cups of coffee at work around 8am then nano vapor for workout around 10 or 11. Would puke half way thru workout and crash for rest of the day.

super pump - desensitized to caffeine and was taking 6 scoops daily for about 3 months. Hospitalized for a night on a heart monitor.... Now I just use bcaa's while working out and whole foods pre workout.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Dark Rage had me scared for my life. That's the only one that really fucked me up. I laid in a hotel bed for hours wishing away the feelings of dread and anxiety brought upon me by that evil powder.

I accidentally double dosed yohimbe extract one time and felt very overwhelmed. Blood pressure was through the roof - Took everything to keep my shit together... And that was on a job site.

Cyber2Knight

Cyber2Knight

Aug 20, 2012
I know it has happened to a lot of bros....so post up and let me know what combination did it to you. Today, I did a scoop of SinnJuice and a scoop of White Flood. Got dizzy and felt like I had taken mini-thins. Almost threw up about halfway through a circuit work out.

I have taken the following with no problem by themselves:
Jack3d, SinnJuice, WhiteFlood, AmiN.O.Energy and several others. Was it combining them that did it?

Yes. When you combine supplements you exacerbate the "ingredient and dosage interactions" which means the expected benefit is often met with a horrible increase of side effects.

Remember: Every ingredient has 2 guaranteed pharmacological effects: (1) Therapeutic benefit - what you want and (2) Side effect - what you dont want. The correct dose has a trade-off between the 2 effects in favour of the therapeutic effect. When you increase the dosage or mix things up you cant control or predict the outcome.

C2K

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I was in the same boat...I would throw up during, before and workouts. It just depended on the day. I still will take some NO products, but now I tend to rely on BCAA's more during my workout. Haven't had any issues since.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Dark Rage had me scared for my life. That's the only one that really fucked me up. I laid in a hotel bed for hours wishing away the feelings of dread and anxiety brought upon me by that evil powder.

I accidentally double dosed yohimbe extract one time and felt very overwhelmed. Blood pressure was through the roof - Took everything to keep my shit together... And that was on a job site.

Yohimbe/yohimbine is the worst for BP, one thermo I'm going to have to cut out do to the damn BP being up lately.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Yohimbe/yohimbine is the worst for BP, one thermo I'm going to have to cut out do to the damn BP being up lately.

On your suggestion I went with the yohimbine hcl and it never seemed to have adverse effects.

What are you planning on sticking with as far as thermos go?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
On your suggestion I went with the yohimbine hcl and it never seemed to have adverse effects.

What are you planning on sticking with as far as thermos go?

I still use yohimbine but use it EOD , which has been working lately to keep BP somewhat under control. Although most of my problem probably comes from using it for the last 2 months straight! lol
Other than that I usually use ephedrine HCL with caffeine.
With the yohimbine it's dose dependent with every person, I can't take over 2.5mg at one time or 2.5mg every 6 hours, some can take 5mg.

Last edited:
F

Flexluger

Aug 28, 2012
I take jacjed or c4. I tend to use as little water as possible to get the feeling i want. But nausea happens from time to tune... Thats because i dont eat. If i eat before a workout no problems.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic