pbtom
What's New?

Over Developed Traps...but this helps

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey all, i have overdeveloped traps that I have been working around with my trainers...due to years of me doing movements incorrectly LOL. So I have to constantly think and feel that mind/muscle connection when working my upper body so as to not engage my traps.

One movement where I felt my traps really getting engaged was standing cable face pulls.....but recently I have been doing them while lying on the ground and pulling from high cable. I feel my back more engaged/rear delts than my traps. Perhaps this is the sweet spot for me particularly....i know everyone is different. I now use this movement as of late as a finisher to my current chest/back workout day.

Thanks all....

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
My traps grow really easy and quick too. I don't worry about it too much, but yea, if the movements are off, it takes some relearning going back through the motions to put emphasis back on the intended muscles you are training for the day. I know that when Dusty Hanshaw started working with Dante/DoggCrapp years back, this was something that Dante mentioned fixing with Dusty, as his back and shoulders were behind from his neck/traps IIRC. Now his back is his strongest group of muscles. I'd have to go back and read what they did, so I guess it's not helping much.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I work them kind of light twice a week and it solved my problem.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Very interesting timing Jeepers. I have just the opposite 'problem'. I've been learning to incorporate my traps into a few reps of several exercises wherein, for years I left them out. I've been at this a long time still learning and striving to improve. The mind connection is huge and a great reminder for beginners to pro level athletes. Thanks Jeeps!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I all hear is boo-hoo, poor me!

My vagina is too tight!

My penis is too big!

I’ll take ya’lls problem Any day. My traps don’t grow for shit....

;)

This helped me: lighter weights and stay in the tension zone. For me traps are opposite of calves where I must on every rep completely bottom out and pause. I used to go all the way to bottom with my traps and pull 4-6 plates and nothing. I've been using a wide pull-down bar attached to a low pulley and pull at 45 degrees. The stack seems light but when I concentrate and fully conrtact at the top and stay in to 3/4 of the way down I get a burn which is showing through my shirts.

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
Dude, did you say overdeveloped traps? Is that even possible? Two things that can be too big, back and traps. Yes I know that there are technically the same.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Dude, did you say overdeveloped traps? Is that even possible? Two things that can be too big, back and traps. Yes I know that there are technically the same.
I'm with you I think over developed any thing is good.By the way is that you in your avatar if so holy shit!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013

Well....BigSwolePump.....my perspective is from a bodybuilding competing perspective, so when one muscle/muscle group is over sized or undersized for that matter, it all matters in the sport, as you know. So I was going from a symmetrical perspective.

(Need a cool signature)

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Well....BigSwolePump.....my perspective is from a bodybuilding competing perspective, so when one muscle/muscle group is over sized or undersized for that matter, it all matters in the sport, as you know. So I was going from a symmetrical perspective.

(Need a cool signature)
I'll bet he did not realize your a women.lol

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I'll bet he did not realize your a women.lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic