Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Outer tricep growth suggestions?

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
I'm working muy ass off trying to get my outer triceps to grow. I have tried rope pulldowns every which way imaginable, I think I have tried about every tricep exercise in the books (or online) and have not run across the magic exercise. A shoulder surgery from "shoulder impingement syndrom" has limited some of my range of motion and narrow grip bench puts a lot of pressure on my shoulder, so that's out of the question for over all mass. I've tried a few different muscle shocking attempts to no avail. ANYONE, if you have some thoughts or similar previous experiences that could get me through, would be greatly appreciated.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Single arm Tricep extensions and Tricep ladder till failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I put a V-Bar on the lat pull down and stand in front of it and do push downs. At the bottom of the movement I try to roll my hands downward til my knuckles face the floor. I use a heavy enough weight to challenge me, but not too heavy where I lose the ability to focus the stress on the outside head. Concentrate on full and clean range of motion....good stretch and good contraction on every rep.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
Unfortunately for you your missing out on heavy compound movements that build tri mass like heavy bench and military press because of your shoulder injury. If you look at PL's most have big chest big shoulders= big tri's and very seldom do they do any isolation movements, their all connected.

Treat them like a lagging body part, after chest or shoulder day finish off with a few sets of tri work, then 3-4 days later when recovered train tri's alone. Hit them hard heavy and intense, you dont gain mass by lifting light weight.

And if thats you in your avy you look like a naturally lean person anyways thats going to be hard to put on easy mass or weight so you have to work extra hard.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Single arm rope extensions move the rope across the body then away laterally as you contract your tricep getting full prontion.

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
What is your current tricep work out.?

Also add Skull crushers..Do them on flat, and then decline. Make sure to keep your elbows in, and they will grow. Promise ya

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
You tried skull crusher?
carrefull on the elbows on that one..
good luck with yourre shoulder bro !

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I'm working muy ass off trying to get my outer triceps to grow. I have tried rope pulldowns every which way imaginable, I think I have tried about every tricep exercise in the books (or online) and have not run across the magic exercise. A shoulder surgery from "shoulder impingement syndrom" has limited some of my range of motion and narrow grip bench puts a lot of pressure on my shoulder, so that's out of the question for over all mass. I've tried a few different muscle shocking attempts to no avail. ANYONE, if you have some thoughts or similar previous experiences that could get me through, would be greatly appreciated.

I have this bro and mine is partially separated but I can still do the Tricep ladder. I got to PT 2x a week for this.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
this is a very simple question for me because my outter tricepts are knotted out big time...what u need to do is stick with the barbell......try 10 sets of standing barbell extentions......thats right 10 sets of 10 reps..if that doesnt build your outter head then its not in your makeup...just make up when u do the exercize that u try to keep your elbows pointed inward as much as possible........best to do them in a squat rack so u dont have to keep throwing up the weight after each set....u do them bro for a wile u will see the size pack on..this is all i do for my tricepts except sometimes i might super set cabel extentions with the barbell extentions.....

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Why did this show up as new today when the last post is from 2011?

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
For the outer I would focus on the rope press down. Make sure as you go to the pressing movement you rotate your hands from a neutral grip to a overhand grip at the bottom. Also make sure you move the ropes down and out to the sides and get a full lockout. That is the best way to hit outers.

Do you give your arms their own day? If I was trying to bring up a body part I would make sure to hit it when it's fresh. Hammer them by themselves or with an arm day and then some extra light high rep volume on chest day if you want to work them twice a week.

They will grow.

Samson

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
I would go with single arm DB extensions they seem good, I do two warm up sets for each arm then use a medium wth and then go heavier still and then back to the medium wth.

Also do some forced rep by helping with the other hand on the medium wth, and with the heavy wth i do so neg reps letting the DB stretch right down and help it back up with my other hand, i try to do about 10 reps each set with no rest.

Also i do some tricep DB kick backs starting with the heavy DB then medium and then the light for 3 sets of 15 with no rest.

I have my belt really tight so as to stretch my arm right down with the DB extensions btw.

Also then i finish by flushing each arm out with 20 reps with the light wth.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic