Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Outer chest pain

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
Hey guys wanted to see if anyone could possibly point a finger on this. Last couple months on my chest workouts if I use a heavy but manageable weight I get a terrible tightening pain in the outer center of my pec. Happened last week doing decline and it became almost unbearable. There's no bruising so it couldn't be a tear right? Any info would be great thanks guys

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
What is your hand placement? Wide, narrow?

What happens when you flat bench, incline, or use dumbells? Is there pain?

Also, do you feel a tear, can you feel muscle balled up into a small knot anywhere in the surrounding area?

Could just be a strain..but ^^ for other answers and info.

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
Can be any type of grip really. I feel a small ball of muscle in my upper outer chest. Could it be just a strain of tightened muscle? I get it on any really chest movement only comes up every so often though. Happens the past weeks though so it seems to be getting worse

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Tough to say..

Maybe someone else here that experienced this exactly can chime in.

Is it a "knot" or is it torn muscle tissue? Often small chest tears or other muscle tears will roll up into a small ball.

If I were in your position, I would certainly rest my chest completely for several weeks and then when I returned I would do slight rehab type work and slowly try to work back into my routine. I am not telling you that is what is best for you, but that is what "I" would do.

^^ for other answers from other members^^

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
Thank you very much bro for the advice. I always thought tears always brought bruising and that's how you could tell. I'll definitely take a break for a while thanks bro

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic