Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Outdoor kitchen project II

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
Put in a few good days and finally got my grill and drawers which have been backordered. (ordered 6 weeks ago).

The big open area I have a granite shelf that will go in there splitting it in 1/2. I might make some nice barnwood oak doors for it. Not sure.

The area under the pizza oven will be wood storage.

Only "maybe" will be building a wood pergola to span the whole thing. Just something decorative. Wife thinks it will look nice, but I have a few other projects I need to tackle first. Like putting the new differential in my R8 ;)

Just in time for summer!

6bmRW5B.jpg
This looks awesome! Already imagining you hosting family and friends there. Great job!

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
party time..must be nice having enough time to build things for yourself. i'm a master carpenter,working on multi million dollar houses. but my house needs a lot of work. well done

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
That outdoor kitchen is so goddamn beautiful that I could cry.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Turning my attention inside. I put in a very large fridge / freezer when I designed the house. (It is almost 5 1/2' in width total). So I never thought I would need a second fridge close. (my last home I kept 2 fridges and 1 chest freezer).

So I found I was going a lot more to our fridge downstairs with overflow stuff and I wanted to add another fridge closer. Right behind the big fridge in the kitchen is a walk in 14'x8' pantry. I had initially designed it with a bunch of cabinets but we never go them put in before we moved in. (I am glad now).

I decided to take the downstairs fridge and move it just off our kitchen. This was easier said than done since I had no electrical on that wall and certainly no water line for the icemaker. This weekend I went a little crazy cutting out drywall and got all the stuff moved. I had spent the previous weekend building the first few cabinets for the pantry and built the freidge sourround extra deep to accommodate the big fridge. Doors will be the last thing I build. I have to do all the built-in cabinets next. (Just temp shelving in there currently)

This might sound stupid, but there are few things that make me as happy as being stocked up on food.

CAD below is what my finished layout will be.

THIjPHQ.jpg

WyDF0sF.jpg

V89x5eX.jpg

MNHQgbe.jpg

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Do you need a special fridge for outside? I just redid my 3 season room and put a nice French door beverage cooler in there, dual zone 1/2 wine, 1/2 beer and it seems to be sweating with the humidity. Just wondering what you put outside and if it's special for weather.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
My only problem is im dumb, cant cut a straight line to save my life let alone build an out door kitchen, and ive got a giant place to put one in, maybe ill hire someone for plans and ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Do you need a special fridge for outside? I just redid my 3 season room and put a nice French door beverage cooler in there, dual zone 1/2 wine, 1/2 beer and it seems to be sweating with the humidity. Just wondering what you put outside and if it's special for weather.

If it is covered, (not getting direct rain) it should be fine. Exposed ones to the elements dont hold up. On my old outdoor kitchen, I just put a cheaper unit in that was not made for outside. It was only $160. It burned out after 3 years so I just bought the same model again and said "screw it" since a true outdoor rated one was about $750. I figure I could put in 5 of the cheap ones and just let them burn out if they go ;) It would be 15 years before I had the same money tied up. But we sold the house so I dont know how long that one lasted.

My only problem is im dumb, cant cut a straight line to save my life let alone build an out door kitchen, and ive got a giant place to put one in, maybe ill hire someone for plans and ideas?

There is so much stuff out there in regards to outdoor kitchens. If you are going "built-in" and hiring it out, I would say you could do it as cheap as 5k but easily go to 20 depending on what you spec.

There are some good "diy" options that some 'big box' stores sell which already come as modules. Charbroil sells what looks like a neat product line. I think lowes carries it. They have all kinds of configs you can put together if you are not super specific in your layout. This would be FAR cheaper than building if you find something you like.

https://www.charbroil.com/modularoutdoorkitchen

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
If it is covered, (not getting direct rain) it should be fine. Exposed ones to the elements dont hold up. On my old outdoor kitchen, I just put a cheaper unit in that was not made for outside. It was only $160. It burned out after 3 years so I just bought the same model again and said "screw it" since a true outdoor rated one was about $750. I figure I could put in 5 of the cheap ones and just let them burn out if they go ;) It would be 15 years before I had the same money tied up. But we sold the house so I dont know how long that one lasted.

There is so much stuff out there in regards to outdoor kitchens. If you are going "built-in" and hiring it out, I would say you could do it as cheap as 5k but easily go to 20 depending on what you spec.

There are some good "diy" options that some 'big box' stores sell which already come as modules. Charbroil sells what looks like a neat product line. I think lowes carries it. They have all kinds of configs you can put together if you are not super specific in your layout. This would be FAR cheaper than building if you find something you like.

https://www.charbroil.com/modularoutdoorkitchen

I had a picture of this big ass outdoor bbq and this is the dream tbh

Just dont want to spend a crap ton i dont have, champagne dreams on a beer budget...
52ef7d7e59843f3194ebbd0cb0c9891a.jpg

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
The pantry is starting to take shape. Just crown, some lowers and trim and I will be wrapped up. Then get those temp shelves the hell out of there!

My son is so funny. He hangs out in the pantry and snacks and watches vids on his phone. I keep joking with him that I am going to put a little cafe table in there for him
wink.gif

kQxXZyD.jpg

AshlynnJohnson

AshlynnJohnson

Jul 21, 2022
Since you are interested in this topic, most likely, a rough idea of what a summer kitchen will look like, you already have. If the summer kitchen is planned to be used for cooking and other purposes - dining room, guest room, family recreation place- all these facts should be considered.

BrandenFlynn

BrandenFlynn

Jul 18, 2022
Since you are interested in this topic, most likely, a rough idea of what a summer kitchen will look like, you already have. If the summer kitchen is planned to be used for cooking and other purposes - dining room, guest room, family recreation place- all these facts should be considered.
I made a kitchen with all the amenities; do not forget about the trash. Usually, guests can throw it on the lawn if you do not think to put garbage cans. When my friends and I drink beer, I put the cans in a bag, but first, I flatten them with a beer can crusher. A very handy tool that will free up a lot of space in the trash.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic