Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

oral liquid formulation of oxandrolone and its stability evaluation

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Development of an extemporaneous oral liquid formulation of oxandrolone and its stability evaluation.
Garg A, Garg S, She RW.
Source

National Burn Centre, Middlemore Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand. [email protected]
Abstract

Many references exist in the literature identifying the usefulness of oxandrolone in treating muscle wasting due to various conditions including severe burns. However, there is an absence of dosage form alternatives as it is only available as tablets. The dose for children is weight based (0.1 mg/kg) which is difficult to achieve with the currently available tablets of 2.5 mg and 10 mg. The literature provides ample evidence of clinical importance but little guidance on extemporaneous oral liquid formulation of oxandrolone. In order to develop and validate an extemporaneous liquid formulation, suspensions of oxandrolone were developed using locally available (New Zealand) vehicles. Combinations of these vehicles with ethanol, as advised in some articles were also tried. Assay method was developed for oxandrolone using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS). The formulations were evaluated for stability as per the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) stability guidelines. They were observed for physical and chemical stability at different time points over a period of 28 days. A stable and validated liquid formulation of oxandrolone has been developed which can be made under the hospital and community pharmacy conditions. The formula utilises commercially available oxandrolone tablets, crushed and dispersed in Simple Syrup BP or Orablend(®) vehicle. The formulation has confirmed stability for 21 days and can be easily made with locally available vehicles.

Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd and ISBI. All rights reserved.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
The positives anabolic compounds can have are outshined by the negative stigma! Nice clinical info, but what are your personal thoughts...I'm interested in your views.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I am not sure what exactly is being stated, do you have access to the study that you can post, I have taken oral var that has been stored for years and it still worked fine, so what is the 21 day reference for?
Thanks

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I am not sure what exactly is being stated, do you have access to the study that you can post, I have taken oral var that has been stored for years and it still worked fine, so what is the 21 day reference for?
Thanks

Thats what I want him to post....He seems to be onto something interesting but needs to elaborate

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
sounds great....I'll take a 55g drum por favor!

B

Bignastyo

Apr 23, 2012
I've tried liquid oral dbol tbol var winny and although dbol was alcohol based it didn't bother me too much I love the instant reaction!!!

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
I take 25mg of liquid d-bol about a half hour before the gym and love it,seems to hit me in the middle of my session and push me.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I posted this for the simple fact I was excited to find a study on Oxandrolone let alone in a different delivery method. When it comes to big Pharma and compounding there are many things they can not get away with. Im not sure what suspension they used here that it only lasted 21 days but I can tell you my compound pharmas can make oral liquid solutions last for up to 6 months. Last time I checked compounding law does not allow them to date it past 6 months on those solutions.

I have one oral liquid from one of my PCAB accredited pharmacies that is a calium/carntine/ Ephedra liquid oral. It works great.

I know there are many "closet chemists lol" who can say they can make a liquid oral last much longer just keep in mind we have to stick to different laws and health standards so we are not allow certain chemicals that our "researchers" our in some cases.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Ahhh i see, thanks

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic