Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Open Gyms Petition

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

I wonder if these people taking temperatures know what heat and exercise does to the core temperature. I did a 15 minute rubber band workout last night, I checked my temperature with one of the infrared temp things and it was elevated to 101.7. It stayed elevated for about 30 minutes afterwards. Much higher intensity workouts can increase the core temperature to as much as 104 degrees. Walking outside on a hot day can do the same. Just another senseless invasion of our privacy.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I wonder if these people taking temperatures know what heat and exercise does to the core temperature. I did a 15 minute rubber band workout last night, I checked my temperature with one of the infrared temp things and it was elevated to 101.7. It stayed elevated for about 30 minutes afterwards. Much higher intensity workouts can increase the core temperature to as much as 104 degrees. Walking outside on a hot day can do the same. Just another senseless invasion of our privacy.

I don't have a clue, my friend....I've never took my temp during, after an workout...I know I get hot tho, *LOL*...All I do is check heart rate and sometimes blood pressure, rarely...I noticed in the article that it could determine these vitals from 190 ft away...That's pretty good if it can do that...That's almost 2/3rds of a football field away!!!...As far as the privacy is concerned, it did mention that it wouldn't pry into backyards and private gatherings, etc....Don't know how well that will be followed....

I take it with a grain of salt, myself...Im not sure if u are a bible believer, but I am...It clearly predicts all of this stuff that is going on...So, for me, it's "normal"...What's sad is that most are terrified of the current events going down and yet the scriptures tell us not to be...It's something that has to be allowed by the Author of the bible, before He takes action to bring things to normal...Anyway, good to see u are ok...Keep your head up and stay safe!....

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
It detects fever not temp. And yes it's Orwellian

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
It detects fever not temp. And yes it's Orwellian

Not sure I am understanding how this works. I read the whole article and even the news release and all the described was, "The pandemic drone will be equipped with a specialized sensor and computer vision systems that can display fever/temperature, heart and respiratory rates, as well as detect people sneezing and coughing in crowds." Fever is simply an abnormal increase in body temperature. Most of the new monitors are infrared which measure temperature. i would suspect they use infrared technology in cameras but they don't say.

BackAtIt, I brought up body temperature because I was involved in a scientific debate recently over whether or not exercise induced rises in core temperature might help to fight off covid 19. We do know it is capable of fighting off other viruses especially respiratory viruses which is the reason most low intensity and medium intensity athletes have very few incidents of respiratory infections. So I wanted to see where my core temp went after exercise.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

This is really cool, bro! Next time I workout I'm going to check my temperature!!! I find that if I am exercising regularly, I almost never develop a cold or the flu.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Signed. And seen 2 other states that have petitions going.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
In Wisconsin they want to stay closed until Trump is gone

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic