Rolanalon
What's New?

One Side Affects the Other

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Recently, i had an afflicted hip area (right hip). It would hurt when i was sitting or at random parts of the day...driving or what not. The pain was pretty bad and was really getting on my nerves. It happen to coincide with an increase in cardio (I use stepmill for cardio). Yes I stretch both before and after.
Yes I go to Chiropractor too.
I got real nervous about hip flexors and the joint, as I know other women in the industry have had a torn labrum.

Since I really liked my Physical Therapist that did my shoulder earlier this week, I reached out and started to see him. I thought maybe he had more stretching i could do or what not.
Then i had a revelation.....my left knee has osteoarthritis and I thought to myself hey i wonder if during my leg workouts, i'm putting more stress on my right side of my body to counteract my left knee. Yep.

Since the revelation, i'm more conscience of how i am performing my lifts for leg day and making sure i am using my left side even though the knee hurts lol. But it has been working thus far.

Just wanted to share my experience, as it is so important to be very aware of your body and the movements you are performing and knowing correct form, etc.

Happy Lifting Y'all

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have determined walking is the best for me. Elliptical and treadmill both create aches and pains as they're not natural. I'll do laps around the perimeter of the parking lot or perimeter of the gym on inclement days. The sled also results in various discomforts and I am working on identifying which foot positions work best.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
The body compensates all the time; front to back, left to right. Perfect example is when you bench and try to get that last rep. You shift a little more weight to your dominate side.

Legs, hips and back get to me from time to time. When this happens and I refuse to back off the squats, I hit the recumbent bike for cardio. I also have found over the years that some inversion can help line me back up and take pressure of some areas. If you can Bova, hit some inversion for a few minutes.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
This video is EXACTLY what I needed to see

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I am so willing to help you do that exercise Bova, lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic