Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

One from tonight.....My 'old school' gym moment.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I picked it up on craigs w/ 10 45 plates for $600 about 9 years ago. Certainly a good deal.
Even better sounding these days, the plates could go for $600. I see that machine new is $1900. I guess I'll stick to my old fashioned squats at that price....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Keep a lookout on Craigs. You never know what will pop up! I used to keep an app on android that you could put search terms in and it would alert you once something was listed.

That reminds me....I ought to put that back on! I missed a freemotion cable cross for 400$! (worth about $4000) So pissed I missed it. It was 15 miles from my home and woman just wanted it out of their basement. I was the second caller and the first people came over and got it.

I always like a deal!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Keep a lookout on Craigs. You never know what will pop up! I used to keep an app on android that you could put search terms in and it would alert you once something was listed.

That reminds me....I ought to put that back on! I missed a freemotion cable cross for 400$! (worth about $4000) So pissed I missed it. It was 15 miles from my home and woman just wanted it out of their basement. I was the second caller and the first people came over and got it.

I always like a deal!
What's the app called?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011

I always like a deal!

the FreeMotion version is the best out there and I can pretty much do my whole upper body on it.

I dont have one in my garage gym but dam I would love to have 1

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
What's the app called?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Dont remember. It has not been on my phone for some time. Do a quick search for craigslist notification...etc.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Been guilty of lurking and not posting in a while. Still doing the same old same old. Mom visited for Thanksgiving. Ate way too much in the way of goodies and cookies etc.

Love how, after all the years and dues paid, you can slack some, eat like a pig for a week and then come back in the gym and be like....fuk, I dont look half bad ;)

jTrdcRi.jpg

rosoo

rosoo

Apr 25, 2022
Looking good brother :)

hope can be like you one day :)

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Been guilty of lurking and not posting in a while. Still doing the same old same old. Mom visited for Thanksgiving. Ate way too much in the way of goodies and cookies etc.

Love how, after all the years and dues paid, you can slack some, eat like a pig for a week and then come back in the gym and be like....fuk, I dont look half bad ;)

jTrdcRi.jpg
Damn! Looking awesome... boy does this old dog has some work to do.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
Never been a big 'filter' guy. But I snapped this pic and with a B&W filter, it reminded me of the old school pics from back in the day. I am a fan of the 70's and 80's bodybuilding. I spent much of my youth dreaming to try to look like that one day.

The craziest thing now is I look at those pics from that era and many of the guys I idolized were in their late 20's and 30's. Now here I am, a year an a half from 50. I might not have been the guy at the center of the pic, but I could be in the background and no one would say....wtf is THAT guy doing in there.

This is my 'old school' look. Gray hair to match!

sCtCvEO.jpg
Great work, man.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Outstanding physique and gym!
Started my garage gym at age 12 in my parents house as a kid, and 44 years later at age 56, I still tweak it.

Attachments

• gym-feb-21a.JPG
    gym-feb-21a.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 6
  • gym-xmas-2021-a.jpg
    gym-xmas-2021-a.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 6
  • gym-xmas-2021-b.jpg
    gym-xmas-2021-b.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 6
Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look good old man. You are great motivation for you youth!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic