Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

One from tonight.....My 'old school' gym moment.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Never been a big 'filter' guy. But I snapped this pic and with a B&W filter, it reminded me of the old school pics from back in the day. I am a fan of the 70's and 80's bodybuilding. I spent much of my youth dreaming to try to look like that one day.

The craziest thing now is I look at those pics from that era and many of the guys I idolized were in their late 20's and 30's. Now here I am, a year an a half from 50. I might not have been the guy at the center of the pic, but I could be in the background and no one would say....wtf is THAT guy doing in there.

This is my 'old school' look. Gray hair to match!

sCtCvEO.jpg

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
black and whites are cool. Looking great brother.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Nice work and is that your home gym set up or someplace else?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Looks really good brother, may try some of that filtering in the near future:)

I know we are about from the same era. I think back to those classic pics of guys we looked up to. Something cool about B&W. I think it focuses more attention on light and shadow, so it is perfect to show the physical form!

Cant wait to see your pics! Hope all is well.

black and whites are cool. Looking great brother.

Thanks man!

Nice work and is that your home gym set up or someplace else?

Yea that is my home base. It seems to be evolving more these days since COVID but I am thankful to have it. Some pics.

I do miss going to the gym, but I certainly cant complain too much given what others have had to put up with over COVID.

FmVQ6fW.jpg

1RTb0Pb.jpg

YpwcuPQ.jpg

z4kOuZc.jpg

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Yes that is pretty expansive for a home gym.....and nice to see the Body Solid gear in there.

I see you have a nice mix of new equipment and some old school stuff and tons of space.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Yes that is pretty expansive for a home gym.....and nice to see the Body Solid gear in there.

I see you have a nice mix of new equipment and some old school stuff and tons of space.

Yea, some of my stuff goes back 25 years. There have been things added and deleted over the years. The equip first started out in a garage and has had several moves over the years. I designed this home and built it a few years back. It was nice to set aside a place to put things how I want it. But I actually did not even use the space until COVID hit.

I go through spurts where I want to add stuff. I got my daughter a set of bumpers with a bella bar. I was looking at adding some more bumpers the other day. Would like to replace my cable cross with free motion unit.

And I still cant decide on dumbbells. Funny all the sh!t I will spend money on, yet for some reason I labor over spending on expanding my gym. It have probably paid for all this stuff 50x over and seeing my wife and kids use it, is a really cool thing.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Looking solid brother. I'm praying I make it to 50 hope im still hokding it down when I get there.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
You're inspiring and that's a great pic brother. Guys in their 50's are still holding their own in any gym. I recall my Grandfather telling me if I kept up that lifting shit, I was going to need a wheelchair by 50. Man the times have changed huh?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Looking solid brother. I'm praying I make it to 50 hope im still hokding it down when I get there.

Me too! I am just under 1 1/2 years away. Man it goes fast. I dont 'feel' 50 in my brain that is for sure. Were it not for my gray hair, I could pass for a lot less. Although I still have my hair, I think I will be following down the path of the rest of the males in my family. My older bro is very thin and I have noticed thinning in last few years on me. Oh well.

I dont know how to do things other than make it a non-negotiable. Many years ago, I took a few weeks off and that turned into a decade! Never again. I dont skip workouts period. I do take planned time off, eg a vacation. But even then I do my little mobile workouts. Just part of my days now.

You're inspiring and that's a great pic brother. Guys in their 50's are still holding their own in any gym. I recall my Grandfather telling me if I kept up that lifting shit, I was going to need a wheelchair by 50. Man the times have changed huh?

Yea...looking around, no many of my peers are stupid enough to be doing this! But it is my 'thing'. I dont do it for other people. I understand that it is easy to look down on or draw the wrong conclusions. But it is my center and my focus. It is my way to compartmentalize and shape my life. My safe space, where no BS exists. Just me and some weights. I do what I can, no excuses. So simple and perfect for me.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You have a like a dream gym.
Is that Body Solid a hack squat machine?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You have a like a dream gym.
Is that Body Solid a hack squat machine?

Yep, it is a leg press/hack squat combo. I use in leg press mode most of the time. I picked it up on craigs w/ 10 45 plates for $600 about 9 years ago. Certainly a good deal. They have improved the design since, where the back rest flips, but I like the machine.

I upgraded the side bearings after wearing one out. An ebay hunt for some nice urethane covered ones that would direct bolt in. Cant go wrong. Would recommend for sure!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic