Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Once called the "Caveman workout"

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Not sure if it's still referred to by this term but there is something about beating a large tire with a sledgehammer and flipping steel beams or logs that just screams ..... well, back surgery.
All kidding aside do you guys remember this precrossfit ugh fest?
I was looking at "caveman" kettlebells workouts and I had to take a hydrocodone just to read this tendon snapping muscle fiber hyperextenting "routine"
I know the whole caveman training movement was an attention grabber but give me a split or circuit routine anyday...If I wanna move a log or swing an 30lb kettlebell as hard as I can then I'm either very, very angry or very, very insane...
Thank you,
BR

G

gilly43

Dec 30, 2019
I did this for a few months, not my type of exercise - agree, much prefer a good circuit

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I train with logs, frames, farmer handles, sand bags, atlas stones, husafel stone and other strange implements regularly, but for strongman competitions, not any other reason. And I work up to the competition weight and reps over time. Normally we train three or four implements at our strongman saturday sessions. Lots of fun training with other folks!

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
sounds like bootleg strongman training...
just find a strongman gym and train with them for a bit and you'll learn some really fun shit lol

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I train with logs, frames, farmer handles, sand bags, atlas stones, husafel stone and other strange implements regularly, but for strongman competitions, not any other reason. And I work up to the competition weight and reps over time. Normally we train three or four implements at our strongman saturday sessions. Lots of fun training with other folks!

same, but I'll normally have 1 lighter implement even mon-wen-fri and when a comp is on the way we do a sat day too.
nothing gets big ass strong dudes as cardio healthy as getting good at yoke runs, sand bag carries, farmers all that shit even stone circuits

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic