pbtom
What's New?

On the Rehab Road to Recovery

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Thursday Rehab
Same as Tuesdays, the therapist told me that I have really good range of motion for this point in my rehab therapy.

Friday Workout
Lower mobility drills and stretching
One Leg Calf Raise - BW/ 5 X 10 (Alternated Legs non-stop until all sets finished)
Standing Leg Curl - 40lbs/ 2 X 12; 50lbs/2 X 12; 40lbs X 12
Leg Extension - 80lbs/ 5 X 15
Step-Ups on 14" High Box - 3 X 20 (These caused my shoulder to start hurting from the impact of stepping off the box so I stopped at 3 sets)
One Arm DB Curl - 15lbs/ 3 X 20
One Arm Pushdown - 45lbs/ 3 sets X 20
DB Side Raise SS with Thumb Up Front Raise - 5lbs/ 3 sets 20 X 10
It's pretty amazing how many seemingly unrelated movements impact the shoulder girdle. I had to 'listen' very carefully to my body following my pec repair. Great work!

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
It's pretty amazing how many seemingly unrelated movements impact the shoulder girdle. I had to 'listen' very carefully to my body following my pec repair. Great work!
Yeah, I even have to be careful brushing my teeth because I feel it in my shoulder. Also can't walk more than a mile without my shoulder starting to hurt.

I appreciate the encouragement, I know my workouts are not much but I figure it's better than just sitting in the recliner watching TV.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Monday's Workout

Light Mobility Work and lower body stretching.

One Leg Calf Raise - BW/ 5 sets x 10
Standing Leg Curl - 40lbs/ 5 sets x 15
Leg Extension - 80lbs/ 5 sets x 20
Free Hand Box Squats - BW/ 5 sets x 35 (I did these with a shoulder width stance and focused on exploding up fast off of the box. Got a good pump in quads)
Right Arm DB Side Raise - 5lbs/ 3 sets x 20
Right Arm Thumb Down DB Front Raise - 5lbs/ 2 sets x 15
Right Arm Cable Pushdown - 45lbs/ 3 sets x 25 x 25 x 20
Right Arm DB Curl - 15lbs/ 3 sets x 20

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I appreciate the encouragement, I know my workouts are not much but I figure it's better than just sitting in the recliner watching TV.
I know that encouragement helps light the way. I had a bunch of told-you-so's and guys that wanted to see me deteriorate to the status quo dad bod....and some days I wanted to.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I know that encouragement helps light the way. I had a bunch of told-you-so's and guys that wanted to see me deteriorate to the status quo dad bod....and some days I wanted to.
Yeah, I keep having people (family, friends, and complete strangers) tell me that I need to give up the weights and stop torturing myself in the gym.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Tuesdays Rehab

Started with pendulum circle swings to warm and loosen up my shoulder, then laid down and was passively stretched by the therapist. He told me that I'm way ahead of schedule and that at a little over 3 weeks out of surgery my shoulder's flexibility is where he expected it to be at 6 weeks out. He said that since I'm doing so well there isn't any reason to push the therapy at this stage, so he cut my therapy visits back to one a week for the next two weeks.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Wednesday Workout

Light Mobility Work and lower body stretching.

One Leg Calf Raise - BW/ 5 sets x 15
Standing Leg Curl - 40lbs/ 1 x 15, 50lbs/3 x 10
Seated One Leg Band Curl - Light Band/ 3 x 10
Leg Extension - 80lbs/ 4 sets x 25
Free Hand Box Squats - BW/ 4 sets x 50
Right Arm DB Side Raise - 7.5lbs/ 3 sets x 20 (These are done with the thumb down through the movement and the arm raised to shoulder height with pause at about 35-40^ in front of body)
Right Arm Thumb-up Front Raise - 7.5lbs/ 2 sets x 15 (Paused at top)
Right Arm Cable Pushdown - 50lbs/ 3 sets x 20 x 20 x 15
Right Arm DB Preacher Curl - 15lbs/ 3 sets x 20

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
No Friday workout, felt like I might be coming down with something and with the flu going around thought it best to rest and take it easy. I'm feeling better today so hopefully I'll get over this fast.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Weiner...
LMAO, at least I'm not complaining about my shoulder hurting. It hurts by the way, and I'm ready to take this damn immobilizer off and burn it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic