Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

On testoviron only cycle

R

rochedl

May 4, 2013
Hi. Ive been training for 6 months non-stop.
On testoviron 250mg per week for the last 11 weeks, I am stronger, but still look the same. Diet wise is 80% clean, weekends are my problem days, I guess my question is after 11 weeks on must i stop and do a Pct, with no muscle gains, just strength gains, or do I go on for another 10 weeks with the same dosage or increase dosage?
Stats:
Bodyfat: 28%
Weight: 92kg/ 202lbs
Training on/off for 5 years
Training 5 days a week
One bodypart per day

Any advice would be appreciated

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
if you are 28% BF, your diet isn't 80% clean. You started a low dose cycle after only training for a few weeks, what were you expecting to gain muscle/physique wise?
What does your training look like?

R

rochedl

May 4, 2013
if you are 28% BF, your diet isn't 80% clean. You started a low dose cycle after only training for a few weeks, what were you expecting to gain muscle/physique wise?
What does your training look like?
I have lost 10kgs, was 35% Bodyfat. Start with compound exercises en do isolation exercises with lots of supersets, giant sets and dropsets. Trying to lose the Bodyfat is the primary goal and to at least add some % muscle

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The only advice I have for you is to end your cycle right away. You really have no business using steroids. You need to gain a basic understanding of diet before you proceed further.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
The only advice I have for you is to end your cycle right away. You really have no business using steroids. You need to gain a basic understanding of diet before you proceed further.
Add "an understanding of training" to that list. 202lbs w/28% BF? Unless you're four feet tall, I doubt you've put in any real training. Drop the gear ASAP; recover your HPTA; hang around and get some foundations established. Good luck.

M

R

rochedl

May 4, 2013
Add "an understanding of training" to that list. 202lbs w/28% BF? Unless you're four feet tall, I doubt you've put in any real training. Drop the gear ASAP; recover your HPTA; hang around and get some foundations established. Good luck.

M
I would just like to add I did natural competitions in 2012 and 2013, took a break from training for a couple of years due to work and family, I am following the same training and diet regime I did back when I was fit, doing my first cycle, just wanted some input. But ill start my Pct then in 4 weeks to reset again. Thanks for the advice

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I would just like to add I did natural competitions in 2012 and 2013, took a break from training for a couple of years due to work and family, I am following the same training and diet regime I did back when I was fit, doing my first cycle, just wanted some input. But ill start my Pct then in 4 weeks to reset again. Thanks for the advice

That's all well and good...but with all your alleged training and diet background, why the hell would you start a cycle in your current shape? 70lbs of fat is going to be a shitload of aromatase activity; you're not in the shape to train hard enough to fully capitalize on the compound; why? 10kgs lost sounds impressive, but over 11wks...it's not. If fat loss is the goal, BF % should be crashing at roughly 1.5%/wk. Break down your training and diet here and let everyone have a look at it. That's where you're going to find the success you're looking for.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Then you should know that the reason the scale wasn't moving was probably because you weren't eating enough. Calories makes the scale move not steroids.

I applaud your enthusiasm but this cycle was started at a bad time.

Stay focused on building muscle and dropping fat. Once you are in better shape and things are moving in the right direction, then go on. Doing it the way you did can often result in more sides and complications.

Make sure to get some blood work done after pct.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
one thing i would throw in here---
you should have got blood work

reason i say this is

my little brother ---before he ever did a cycle ---found out his boys stopped working 100% he was around 200dl and avg range is 300-1000 or so
doc put him on adrogel which pushed him to 320dl-----
and if say 100mg a mth will just get u to the bottom of normal range you might not see so much growth but diet is key also

if ur a 20 year old male with a cray lvl of 900dl and you shoot 500mg a mth ---ur gonna grow fast

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
I have lost 10kgs, was 35% Bodyfat. Start with compound exercises en do isolation exercises with lots of supersets, giant sets and dropsets. Trying to lose the Bodyfat is the primary goal and to at least add some % muscle

If this is truly your goal you need to worry less about muscle mass and more about diet. Assuming you are eating "80%" clean the only other solution is to eat LESS. Remember, all diets I don't give a shit if its keto, vegan, atkins, weight watchers blah blah blah work on the same principle.....caloric restriction.

I'm not saying you need to starve yourself but you need to be in a caloric deficit in order to lose weight/fat. The larger the deficit....the greater the weight loss but also the greater the inconvenience/stress. Try to eat most of your calories 90 mins before your workout and taper down afterwards.

Of course there are ways to increase muscle WHILE losing fat but 250mgs/week of proviron ain't gonna cut it.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^This. My guess is you could have done exactly what you just did without adding any exogenous hormones. I think you could probably have done even better with proper nutrition without anything in addition.

You say that you formerly did a comp....well then even more support for the above. Muscle memory is very real. Myonuclei gained from past training as a result of myofibril hypertrophy remain even as you atrophy from lack of training. (the acquired additional muscle cells remain, just a in a shrunken state). It is why coming back to the gym, you can regain muscle AND lose fat at the same time. Something that is not possible for anyone but newbie gains.

When I came back to the gym after almost a decade off, I ate an excessive deficit of aprox 1900 cals. (WAY too low for someone thinking they could build muscle). I dropped 30+lbs of fat in less than 12 weeks AND gained about 10lbs muscle back. Most would say this is impossible, and it is.....if not for muscle memory. (I have pics if anyone does not believe)

Anyway....coming full circle.....I did all the above on my 'comeback' while have the test levels of a 12 year old girl. (srs). I had no idea that a head injury I suffered (which prompted me to start training again after my broken neck healed) the trauma left me not only hypo-gonadal but also hypo-thyroid. I went on TRT 3 years later after figuring it out....but not before regaining all my muscle and exceeding my best gains of my 20's. All with the subclinical test levels. (Only thing that made me 'feel' it was extreme fatigue that would never go away despite getting in better and better shape and eating well).

Your cycle was totally unnecessary and most likely wasted due to your high bodyfat (high levels of aromatization with that much fat), and more importantly, your "80% clean diet". There is no such a thing as a "clean" diet. By all means if you drop your food on the floor, wash the dirt off it to "clean" it up. But at the end of the day, proteins, fats, and carbs along with total cals will determine how you respond to the training stimulus you give yourself in the gym. Combine that with recovery and those are the three legs of the stool that are muscular growth and strength progress.

Last edited:
Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I would always recommend not being a fat guy using steroids. Would suggest getting below a mangeable 15% BF so you can look in the mirror and see what’s going on. I don’t weigh myself. It doesn’t mean shit. I look in the mirror and I can see my nutrition effectiveness. Or lack of effectiveness. Leas dramatically I can see my training, is it working or not? If I was covered in 25% BF I wouldn’t be able to see it and would be shooting in the dark.

Lots of other good advice in this thread. I’d take it all.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic