Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Omelette Pan

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
ok, does anyone have issues with non stick omelette pans? Just sick and tired of paying money for them, and the non stick surface is like only good for like 3-4 months it seems, if not less. I was looking at some the other day online, and I found one I like, but its unfortunately out of stock. Its by madeincookwear and its $99. All their line has 5 stars across the board with 1000s of reviews too. Just curious what brand you guys are using? I am basically just using it for egg white omelettes.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I have a small Calphalon, probably 2 - 3 years old, just a little Pam and no issues.

Also bought a set of larger pans at Costco this past Autumn, orange coated, don't know the brand but they are slippery as FD's lube.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
You have to baby non stick pans if you want them to last. Never over heat them, never use them to sear meat etc. I’ve never found one that lasts long without being strict about use.

If you have a well conditioned cast iron Pan that will work. They have to be maintained though.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I recently went back and bought another "forged in fire" textured skillet due to the amazing success I'm having with the first one. Been about a yr of daily use and everything slides out like brand new. 8in skillet was $20, solid handle and riveted in

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
ok, does anyone have issues with non stick omelette pans? Just sick and tired of paying money for them, and the non stick surface is like only good for like 3-4 months it seems, if not less. I was looking at some the other day online, and I found one I like, but its unfortunately out of stock. Its by madeincookwear and its $99. All their line has 5 stars across the board with 1000s of reviews too. Just curious what brand you guys are using? I am basically just using it for egg white omelettes.

YES! Same here. My wife got the blue diamond pan. Looks really nice but eggs stick even with oil. I get sick of buying these and tossing them a few months later. We have a kind of plastic thing that you can open like a book. It is for cooking omelets in the microwave. Had if for years and it never sticks. It takes about 1 minute total time. YOu can even put a slice of cheese on it and cook it for another 15-20 seconds just to melt it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
of course I caught my wife using metal tongs on the pan last night.....

Ohhh... that's rough. Ill pick these up as well as I'm looking to replace my pan. I've used it for a couple years and not it's not as slick and things are starting to stick causing a bit of a mess.

I have to go to Costco this weekend so I'll pick these up then. Thanks for the tip LK. Just the tip, lol....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Blue Diamond pans did not hold up, purchased a few of them. None lasted more than 6 months for me.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
@ItalianMuscle buy the madein pan. I know it seems a little expensive but if you get the rolled steel, blue carbon pan and season it correctly, it will be the best fukkin pan you have ever used.

I own several of these pans. I bought my son a large fry pan and he loves it.
I sear the best steaks with these pans.

Eggs in the small pan are like a brand new non stick. I seasoned it 4 times when I first purchased it. After that it has only gotten better every time I use it.

Soap and water are the enemy for these pans though. DO NOT use soap to clean them. It will ruin the seasoning and cause issues.

The only pan I have that is non stick, is a small all-clad that I had before buying the made in pans.

If you just want an egg pan that is non stick, high quality and will last more than one year, get the all-clad 8in. You won't be disappointed in any of these pans.....if seasoned correctly. Can't say that part enough.

Cool part is, if they are messed up, just re-season until ready to use again.

I can send you some seasoning instructions that are best for these pans. Screenshot_20210218-111833_Gallery.jpg

The all clad is made in USA as well. You won't be disappointed with it if you go that route instead

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218-111846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-111846_Gallery.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 45
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic