RalfKelleh
What's New?

Olympics drops Wrestling..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You didn't see much of the Olympic Weightlifting b/c we only were eligible to send 2 women. That's how shitty the US is doing in Oly lifting. We're doing so bad we probably won't send anyone to the next Olympics. We were ranked 35th in the World to get 2 spots for the women. We didn't get any spots for the men. Other countries (much smaller than ours and also much poorer) sent 7 or more.

Why does the US need to be in a category to televise it? It's a global sporting event and America has people from every country. I love watching the lifting and really miss it being televised.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Just think of the top collegiate wrestlers who've been training since they were 5 with the dream of one day representing your country in the Olympics, and then it's gets dropped like this... and under these circumstances. It's got to be devastating.

WidowMaker

WidowMaker

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2013
Sometimes the Olymipc Committee can be just a damn bunch of fucktards IMO!
It's either "money talking" or "we just don't want to offend anyone", bs!
Here, here's you a gold medal just for participating!

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
Im thinking sewing might be a good one..

How about Quilting? That would be a good one to add. A bunch of old ladies sitting around talking shit about everyone they know... While making a fancy blanket that is only for decoration.

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
Im thinking sewing might be a good one..

How about Quilting? That would be a good one to add. A bunch of old ladies sitting around talking shit about everyone they know... While making a fancy blanket that is only for decoration.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Dressage? WTF? Stupid shit, put it in the horsey olympics!

Wrestling is a pure sport, elemental physical competition. This decision is WRONG!

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I was on the wrestling team with an olympic hopeful for the Beijing olympics; Jake Clark, 2010 World Champ Greco. This will for sure hit every level of wrestling. The elite wrestlers can only become coaches and/or train big dollar MMA guys instead of olympic champs...sad. I have to imagine the Middle East will have another Arab Spring since it was the only sport they could actually compete in.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I didnt read the article but, I thought I heard on the radio that they only dropped the greco roman and were keeping the freestyle, yes, no?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think they are dropping freestyle as well.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
well that sucks. The original olympic sport. I am sure they will have to re evaluate that position once the fallout begins.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
l'll wager it gets overturned.

I think it has to be put up for a vote first, but they were pretty much saying it was going to be voted down, so no wrestling. I hope the countries with olympic wrestling hopefuls all boycott the summer games..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic