Ethan7400
What's New?

Olympic Weight Set

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Been looking for a weight set for my son, cannot find one in stock anywhere, anyone have a line on where I can get one? 300lbs preferable with a bar, want it to be his own.
Thanks

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I've been looking also LK. I think with gyms opening up around the country Craigslist might be the best bet. The only issue people are selling for $2 to 2.5/lbs. Ridiculous.

Dicks and Dunham's sporting goods is less than a dollar/lbs but they do not have stock......yet!

Once the Craigslist stock is over flushed then we should see prices drop.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Why don't you ask bean where he got his stuff?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've been looking also LK. I think with gyms opening up around the country Craigslist might be the best bet. The only issue people are selling for $2 to 2.5/lbs. Ridiculous.

Dicks and Dunham's sporting goods is less than a dollar/lbs but they do not have stock......yet!

Once the Craigslist stock is over flushed then we should see prices drop.
Saw one on Amazon for $1,300, LOL

Craigslist is insane also, I don't care about buying old rusty ones and sanding and painting, but not for over $2/lb. Really just wanted to get him his own set, his BD is coming up and I think this was the age my father got me my first sand weight set back in the day.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
If you do find a weight set for him, won't you be wanting a bench, a rack, etc?

If it winds up being difficult enough, what about a gym membership instead of his own weights ... or are gyms where you are still closed?

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Check out getrxd not sure if they can get stuff but I stocked my home gym from them cheap a few years back

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
A set of the nested dumbbells paired with a flat bench would be a good starting set. Then if he shows real interest you can add to it once prices are back to normal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic