Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Old Farts

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Man I just left the gym and there were so many monster meatheads in there. I moved from Ca. to AZ. and in Ca. its more about lean and cut. Out here? Its like Ca. in 2005! Bit ripped tren monkeys and I was kinda bummed I just cant handle what I used to handle in terms of weight and mass. I sit lean at 235, and with high BP that is treated and being busted up from living like a savage doing Muay Thai, I just cant keep up with them. Good news is, I can shoot way better than 99% of most common people in case they get out of line lol. But at 56 its a trip heading closer to the 9th inning.... but Im determined!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Find Jon Cole and Thorbeckes Gym on the Net. Both AZ legends back in the 1970s. Cole at one time had a legitimate claim to being the unofficial WSM before there were WSM contests. His claim was based on his PL, his OL, his Discus prowess, his wrist wrestling, and a tad of 40 yard dash speed worthy of NFL running backs or wide receivers.

See if any of your old farts are old enough to remember him. Might be their fathers would .........

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I'm in the same boat WH!!! I'm turning 52 next month and decided to just be lean and mean grappling machine!! There is no way I can handle AAS dosages like my early years, but I can still tolerate some Tren/Mast in very small dosages keep me looking good. As far as shooting I gotta get a gun before Dec 14!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Free motivation, think of it that way.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
HI-JACK ALERT -
Crazy stuff going on and I am 54....have been in politics, tech, law, real estate, venture capital....been swinging for the fence for a long time. LOL. There has always been a divide in the US as there has been everywhere else - and there has always been pandering to the divided groups. The normal way of dividing is along tax bracket and race. That is the political strategy at it most basic core for 100 years or more. BUT - there are some basic rules of life that must be followed and the older I get the more right (correct) my great-grandfather, grand father and father were and still is/are.

As for working out, have had health and other challenges the last 4 or 5 years. Old injuries keep me from doing anything heavy but I did manage to make the conversion from football meathead to fairly ripped at one point some years back - then got into some hybrid crossfit type stuff which led to some Spartan racing, etc. Its a different kind of strength and very hard mentally. But, I need that changing challenge regimen.

What were we talking about?

(Trying to reach my post quota for LK) LOL

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
I'm in the same boat WH!!! I'm turning 52 next month and decided to just be lean and mean grappling machine!! There is no way I can handle AAS dosages like my early years, but I can still tolerate some Tren/Mast in very small dosages keep me looking good. As far as shooting I gotta get a gun before Dec 14!!

GO TO A SHOOTING RANGE and talk to people. Handle fifty guns like Biden would handle .... well, you know what I mean. You will know when you shoot the right gun. It will just feel right.
Take shooting lessons and maybe even apply for concealed carry, etc. Learn what you are doing in case you ever have to use what you learn.
As for purchasing, I have many combinations to choose from, but a good beginners cocktail for personal protection up to fun shooting and knockdown power is the following:
Get a Smith & Wesson bodyguard (.38), a GLOCK 43 (small 9mm), and a bigger .45 cal or something.

Have fun and be safe!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . (Trying to reach my post quota for LK) LOL

LK seems to be a necessary nuisance around here, but occasional quality stuff like yours gets extra credit in my book. That said, I do miss that guy who used to live in the Introductions Forum ... his entire body of work here and on other boards was saying "welcome" (often in exactly that many words) to every new member who posted. :p

B

b.courtney001

Jan 14, 2021
LK seems to be a necessary nuisance around here, but occasional quality stuff like yours gets extra credit in my book. That said, I do miss that guy who used to live in the Introductions Forum ... his entire body of work here and on other boards was saying "welcome" (often in exactly that many words) to every new member who posted. :p

What’s LK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic