Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Old dog learning new tricks...

Ickyrica

Ickyrica

Mar 25, 2017
Good morning TID : )

Meso junkie here trying to branch out of my safe space and meet new people lol. I'm kinda new to power lifting but have been in the gym my entire life. I was turned onto PL about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

I'm 34, 255# and stand 6' tall. I'm a big guy visually. I am probably better suited to BB honestly but I'm not into that. I love chasing numbers these days, which sucks because so far I'm way more show than go lol.

My lifts are OK and are getting better all the time.

DL - Max ? Recently did a 1X5 @ 475#

BP - Max ? Recently did a handful of singles at 355# and had plenty in the tank left, RPE 8.5 or so

Squat - Max ? Recently did a 1X2 @ 455#

I maxed out one time (sounds cute right?) But that was when I first started PL so it's not close to accurate anymore. I've been hammering 70/80% for so long now...

My actually Max #s are:

DL - 475#
BP - 365#
SQ - 405#

I'm from the northeast, Boston area. Love it up here! Nice to meet you guys and I hope to grow with the community!

Ickyrica

Ickyrica

Mar 25, 2017
@PillarofBalance

I can't PM you, or PM in general maybe... Would you be able to PM me? I have a few questions for you if you don't mind...

Ickyrica

Ickyrica

Mar 25, 2017
@PillarofBalance

I understand the concern lol. For some reason I am not allowed to PM at all, even as a reply? I was turned onto TID, specifically you from a friend of mine over at Meso, @Perrin Aybara

I've been following him for a little while and we talk a bit. He recently found out that I'm from the Boston area, north of the city. Anyway, he said that you're as legit as they come, a good person to know and also from my area. I figured I would join TID, expand my horizons a little and maybe meet some good people along the way.

So far I am a one trick pony and spend all of my time at Meso but I have signed up at SG, just don't log in much...

Sorry about the PM confusion, really, I am not that helpless with technology haha

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
GoodGawd are you in the right place. TID has a few OL's, a few Strongman/Womans, a fair amt of bb's and PL's. I see the "old dog" in your thread title and the 34yo age in your OP, and I just smh.

Minimum age here is usually somewhere in the 40's I think, I'm older and I forget sometimes. We'll make an exception in your case . . . . . .

Read around, and enjoy.

Ickyrica

Ickyrica

Mar 25, 2017
I see the "old dog" in your thread title and the 34yo age in your OP,
I figured that would draw some attention :) I am well traveled for my age would be a more accurate statement lol.

Nice to meet you. I have been soaking up as much info as my fuzzy brain will allow and I have realized early that experience matters, i.e. 'old dogs' rule :)

Glad to be here and I'm excited to meet people and grow as a person!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
nvm . . . . . no one here has ever grown as a person. About all the other shit, you ARE in the right place.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Welcome and there are quite a few here who are strength athletes.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thank you and nice to meet you. :)

BrotherIron is a good one to meet, also your PillarofBalance, FLEXjs, PorkyLittleKeg. One way to "read around" is to find the people who interest you, go to their profiles, and search as many of their threads or logs or posts as you have time for.

I am sure my quickie reply is forgetting many, but the other players will often turn up when you begin with just a few of the ones you have most in common with.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic