Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Old and Fat

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
so you're hitting the weights hard but after a few months you get discourage because there hasn't been much change in your body,the first thing that comes to mind is "steroids" NO NO NO! Forget it!!!

Radar

I disagree with your statment above. Thats a steriotypical thought on them (AAS) and its bullshit. Not U bro, but the whole outlook on AAS and statement reinforces why AAS users on HRT are thought of as abusers. First, if he is older, chances are his hormones are in the tank and HGH is nill, nada squat. There is no way his stuff is where it should be which is something like he was in his 30's. You can grow old if you want, but u dont have to fall in the dirt on the way. Fuck that. HRT is a life saver and can help and will help. Im saying dont count it out and if fact its required to be healthy. Steroids YES! Abuse of them NO! All steroids arent bad. The first thing I would tell him is to do a lifetime of HRT. Then, do what you have to after that. Respect to you

BTW, food is not the most anabolic substance you can put in your body. The anabolic stuff comes from your body as a result of eating. Slin, test ect are already there.

It may be so ,But! If he had done as i did and started training at 18 then the outlook may have been different ,I'm not on HRT,But I agree in the world we live in today with food stored in plastic, pollution ...etc its no wonder alot of folk are getting on and needing HRT earlier, and sorry i still stand behind food as the most anabolic substance because without it slin,test alot of things would not be produced without nutrition.

Peace

W

westwood

Jan 17, 2011
^^ here are the choices really.

1. Workout and excersise and loos weight and get in as good as shape as your can get.

2. Or, do the same and do steroids to get bigger and take the risks. Im 56 this year. I want to be more than in "good shape" So I blast cycle most of the year.

Anything less than #2 Im just a mere mortal

W

westwood

Jan 17, 2011
I just put up an article on my blog on HRT The Westwood Report

testosterone-level-in-human2.jpg

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
RADAR and westwood its amazing what both of you have been able to do with your physiques beyond 50. Its a true pleasure to have both of you here on TID you are truely icons of this game and we all look forward to learning from you and your experiences.

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
Thank you ,as far as some of the diets posted i don't see the point in feeling like crap ,and fasting, I look at the diet just as i do training "a Way of life" and yeah Props to Westwood for being a fine example of what middle age can be like ,I'll hit 60 at this time next Year (egads!) and i'm planning on looking just like i do now!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
The best advice I have ever recieved is this...

"Get used to feeling uncomfortable"

The more you can push yourself out of your comfort zone, the more you will succeed. Nothing in life is easy and it takes a lot of work to get in shape. This may sound crazy but you have to try and trick your brain into thinking that you want to be "uncomfortable" in the sense that it's the only way you can succeed. So, pick a routine and diet plan that doesn't sound like something you could do long term ans FORCE yourself to do it.

Now, don't misinterpret me here....don't force yourself to injury or starvation. There's a big difference between prudence and ignorance. Most people who are lazy don't realize how lazy they are. I've fallen victim to it myself. The key is to make something a "habit" rather than a bothersome experience. I didn't like having to take the trash out to the garbage can when I started doing it as a young lad. Now it's second nature and I don't even think about it. Put it on your schedule and don't make working out or eating right an option. Don't get sucked into the quick fixes. The term "Quick Fix" is a perception of the mind. People want to lose 50 lbs in a month....that's not reality. But, losing 50 lbs in 6 months can be done....and that's a pretty damn "quick fix" if you ask me.

One last thing....find a couple short videos that motivate you to lose weight, gain muscle, or just get in overall better shape. Watch those videos everyday. That is the thing that motivated me the most when I started down this track.

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
The best advice I have ever recieved is this...

"Get used to feeling uncomfortable"

The more you can push yourself out of your comfort zone, the more you will succeed. Nothing in life is easy and it takes a lot of work to get in shape. This may sound crazy but you have to try and trick your brain into thinking that you want to be "uncomfortable" in the sense that it's the only way you can succeed. So, pick a routine and diet plan that doesn't sound like something you could do long term ans FORCE yourself to do it.

Now, don't misinterpret me here....don't force yourself to injury or starvation. There's a big difference between prudence and ignorance. Most people who are lazy don't realize how lazy they are. I've fallen victim to it myself. The key is to make something a "habit" rather than a bothersome experience. I didn't like having to take the trash out to the garbage can when I started doing it as a young lad. Now it's second nature and I don't even think about it. Put it on your schedule and don't make working out or eating right an option. Don't get sucked into the quick fixes. The term "Quick Fix" is a perception of the mind. People want to lose 50 lbs in a month....that's not reality. But, losing 50 lbs in 6 months can be done....and that's a pretty damn "quick fix" if you ask me.

One last thing....find a couple short videos that motivate you to lose weight, gain muscle, or just get in overall better shape. Watch those videos everyday. That is the thing that motivated me the most when I started down this track.

You're right, my problem is my mind, I've got to 'trick' myself into this. IRT the video I need to find one of some old codger playing shuffleboard without a shirt on or something. A big sign "Don't Go There". Dropping 50 lbs in 6 months would be great. Changing 50 lbs of fat into muscle would be better, I just can't get to a gym for that kind of high power lift.
Thanks for the advice, seriously.

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
Let me see what food has done for U. Post a pic.

Ohhh! Common Westwood give CEO a break ,hes a friend of mine.

as far as "get some" said I can't keep a training partner because there is no confort zone in my workouts, they are brutal and i like them that way, if i'm not sore the next few days then i consider that workout wasted! Thats my training philosophy.I have been thru more partners than i can count ,current i have one that out weighs me by 130lbs and i put a whooping on him everytime he comes over, Oh! and hes's 45 not 59 like i am :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic