Rolanalon
What's New?

Oh well, a lifters gotta eat!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
But you guys don't care about the environment and global warming. If you all did, then you should be praising the efforts going out to cut down on meat and cows. It is a good thing that beef is going up right now.....it's going to save our planet in 24 billion years.

Also, raising the price of all food and gas will help because it will force people to eat less and help out in the health industry and fight diabetes, obesity, and other disorders. By not driving as much, it will cut down on pollution and global warming, but also make people more active to be healthier.

It's a win-win situation.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I live in farm country. Half side of beef goes for $3.50-4.00 a lbs for all cuts.
My wife and I are thinking about doing this. Sounds like a sweet deal. I need to get another full freezer to store it all, but I think the freezer pays for itself almost immediately.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My wife and I are thinking about doing this. Sounds like a sweet deal. I need to get another full freezer to store it all, but I think the freezer pays for itself almost immediately.
Even a small freezer, like a 7 cubic foot freezer for $160 at Walmart, will hold quite a bit. Definitely a 1/4 side of beef and a 1/2 side if a smaller steer. I have one of the smaller freezers in the basement for my overflow and can throw in a 1/4 side of beef and 80 lbs of venison in it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am a straight up redneck. Lol. And I won't eat an opossum. Coon, beaver, muskrat, all fair game but not no opossum. Lol
I leave the possums alone. They eat a ton of ticks and kill copperheads, so I usually give them a pass when I catch them in the traps.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I leave the possums alone. They eat a ton of ticks and kill copperheads, so I usually give them a pass when I catch them in the traps.
Funny story. A couple of years back. I heard my two dogs coming down the hallway and then I heard a third set of foot steps. I look around and it was a possum following them down the hall and the dogs were acting like they were the three fucking musketeers (good dogs, right?). Being a city kid. my reaction was to jump on the day bed and scream to my son for help. From a combination of his bravery and my cowardice, we were able to coax the critter out the door with me blocking him with a piece of cardboard while my son shooed him with a broom. Turns out, my dryer vent goes down and exits through the crawl space and it was never sealed correctly. (Lesson being, don't be cheap like me and hire shitty sub contractors)

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
I am a straight up redneck. Lol. And I won't eat an opossum. Coon, beaver, muskrat, all fair game but not no opossum. Lol
Well, opossums do play dead, so maybe that's their way of saying - "you wouldn't eat dead game now, would ya?!"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic