Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Number of sets in a bicep workout

C

chrome

Sep 14, 2010
what is a good number of sets in a bicep workout? That is the muscle that I really want to work on. I usually do between 9-12 excluding my warm ups. I see some pros have 8-10, but some do much more, some less. What is a good amount of sets per workout.

How many sets do you do for biceps?

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
IMHO, that is a tough one. everyone responds differently with biceps. some people only need 2-3 sets or they over train em since they are used heavily while you workout back and even shoulders ( i know mine burn to hell when doing arnold presses). some respond better to higher volume.... you need to try each for 6 weeks and see what works for you.

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
Try something differently:

A great way to build strong, defined bicepts is the 7-7-7 Bicept Workout.

Start by choosing a weight that is challenging but not too burdensome.

First you will do seven reps from the rest position to half way up.

Second you will start at the top and do seven repetitions from the top to halfway down.

Third you will do seven complete reps.

you will do all three of the above parts together withouth rest, once you do seven reps of each you will then rest.

do a total of three sets.

gives a great pump too

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I personally do what is called crazy 8's which is 8 reps 8 sets then I finish with prison curls of 3 sets

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I've heard that referred to as 21s before...i used to do em. got me .5" in about 6 months back in the day

Try something differently:

A great way to build strong, defined bicepts is the 7-7-7 Bicept Workout.

Start by choosing a weight that is challenging but not too burdensome.

First you will do seven reps from the rest position to half way up.

Second you will start at the top and do seven repetitions from the top to halfway down.

Third you will do seven complete reps.

you will do all three of the above parts together withouth rest, once you do seven reps of each you will then rest.

do a total of three sets.

gives a great pump too

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
rem bi's can get over worked easy so give them time to recover

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I work Chest and Bi's that way you only hit bi's at that time, if you work Back and Bi's you will over train them easy. I do 3 days heavy drop sets , day off, 3 days light drop sets. On heavy days as heavy as I can as man reps as I can, take a break, drop 5lbs, for 4 sets. On light days same thing medium to light weight, as many as I can break drop 5lbs until failure (remember this is light weight).

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I usually do 6-8 but sometimes I throw in some rack runs and really blow them out. The bicep is a small muscle and doesn't need 12 plus sets. And I'm a volume junkie.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
For me its 4~6 sets...21's, concentration curls, preacher curls are great for that

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
8-10 sets, reps mostly in the 8-10 range, although I will do 1-2 sets here and there in the 3-6 range every other workout or so on alt db curls and even barbell curls, and I will also do a set or 2 in the 12-15 rep range on bb curls and preacher curls. I usually do preachers with dumbbells, one arm at a time - but I may also use a barbell or a machine.

I might only do 5-6 total sets once a month or so. If I do this, it's usually 3 higher rep sets of bb curls and maybe a couple of sets of 12-15 reps on something like machine preacher curls.

But I usually do 8-10 sets with a variety of rep schemes.

Bis are usually trained after tris, and arms usually have their own day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic