Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Novolin R and Humulin R

M

muscle1970

Nov 30, 2010
Hey All,
I normally use humulin r but all of a sudden they went up in price like 5x and are very scarce. which leads me to my question. Novolin R is very inexpensive and i can get almost 7 novo vs 1 humulin. This makes me wonder what the difference between the two if the price is so drastic? For those that have used both, do you feel a difference or is there an actual real noticeable difference between the two?? i appreciate your feedback..

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
It's exactly the same type of insulin (regular), just different brand names. Dunno why prices are so apart though

S

snakeman

Apr 8, 2017
Man, all health related stuff is stupid these days. Everybody is trying to make way too much money at the cost if everyone else. Good luck!

Reactions: CFM
ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
Man, all health related stuff is stupid these days. Everybody is trying to make way too much money at the cost if everyone else. Good luck!
Good thing is who really needs it doesn't pay as much as we do.

S

snakeman

Apr 8, 2017
Good thing is who really needs it doesn't pay as much as we do.
Not always true. I work in Healthcare and run into 2 types of insulin patients. 1) Ones that get way too much for free. 2) Ones that their insurance sucks and they pay equal to their rent payment to get their required slin. I have occasionally played middle man for them lol.

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
Not always true. I work in Healthcare and run into 2 types of insulin patients. 1) Ones that get way too much for free. 2) Ones that their insurance sucks and they pay equal to their rent payment to get their required slin. I have occasionally played middle man for them lol.
Damn it US healthcare

T

theprince7

Sep 5, 2017
the novo coming from wally world? they recently stopped selling novolin r the walmart brand in town and probably other locations so now no place to sell them for 25 bucks.

honestly i dont know the real difference, novolin r is generic which are cheaper

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
Bright side is: 1 vial of either of the two will still last a month.

S

snakeman

Apr 8, 2017
the novo coming from wally world? they recently stopped selling novolin r the walmart brand in town and probably other locations so now no place to sell them for 25 bucks.

honestly i dont know the real difference, novolin r is generic which are cheaper
Without a script? I knew you could get long acting stuff with no script. How big of bottle for 25 bucks? That's cheap for any amount

ChuckLee

ChuckLee

Oct 16, 2017
You go thru a 10ml vial in a month??? As an enhancement compound or for diabetes?
Every pharmaceutical company that produces insulin state that you need to dispose of the vial 28 days after it's been opened.
I don't know if this is just a commercial strategy to sell more but since the low price, I don't mind changing vial every 4 weeks. Maybe it starts to lose potency after day 28, anyhow I like to stay on the safe side and get the best out of it.

T

theprince7

Sep 5, 2017
Without a script? I knew you could get long acting stuff with no script. How big of bottle for 25 bucks? That's cheap for any amount
yeah until now. now theyre asking for some kind of proof that im a diabetic. but years they did it without..
1000 iu bottle

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic