Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Novalin R insulin

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
I have a question as to how many ius a day does it take of Novalin R insulin to achieve a good anabolic factor? I am wanting to run it with my stack. I am about 195 at 5'10" and around 9% bf. Whats your take? How many ius of Novalin R, once a day or twice on workout days and weekends off???

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Slin isn't like that. Read, read, read and then ask questions.

M

mjrpwrlfting

Feb 28, 2019
You have to keep checking your blood glucose to make sure you sugars are not too low or too high.
From what I’ve been reading, Novalin isn’t ideal for what it sounds like you are looking for. The 70 is an intermediate acting insulin and will not metabolize like you want it to.
Read about fast acting insulin’s and be very careful. Death by insulin is a real thing.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Insulin should be a bridge to the next level. As well as GH and hardcore AAS like tren suberdrol etc.
When you exhaust all gains through conventional means with bread and butter AAS like test and deca.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Old ass thread, but I will comment anyways.

I am kind of with Massive G on this one, but I also think there is absolutely nothing better than insulin if you are already taking AAS. Just be smart about it. Dumb people shouldn't take it. You could inject an entire bottle of tren by mistake, not sure how you would make that mistake, but if you did, you would likely be fine considering you were already a healthy individual. However, if you fuck up your insulin, you could pass out, go into a coma and/or die.

I like Novalin R, because I can buy it OTC at Walmart for cheap AF without even showing my ID, but it is probably the most dangerous of all insulins. You have to cover the entire life of the insulin and I have found Novalin R to be 5-6 hours for me. I will have two hard peaks. The first peak hits around 1.5 hours and the second hits around 3.5 hours. If you took 5 iu and eat 50 grams of carbs and think it is going to cover you, you will be in for a surprise at the second peak when you start feeling it come on and it comes on fast AF. You have to consume another 50 grams of carbs around 2.5-3 hours after your first meal.

M

mayhem

Nov 14, 2010
To be fair, you weren't the one who dug it up.
Good info on the Novalin R. I think it's time to go shopping at WalleyWorld.

I've only ever used Humalog, pre-wo, but now it's very hard to find unless you have a prescription. Have you ever used Humalog? If so, how would you compare the two types of slin? Pros and cons? When would you time your R shot?

Haha, I have not been on this forum for many years, usually on another pro.m, and I see that this is my first post.

Last edited:
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good info on the Novalin R. I think it's time to go shopping at WalleyWorld.

I've only ever used Humalog, pre-wo, but now it's very hard to find unless you have a prescription. Have you ever used Humalog? If so, how would you compare the two types of slin? Pros and cons? When would you time your R shot?

Haha, I have not been on this forum for many years, usually on another pro.m, and I see that this is my first post.
I have used both. For me, they both have different uses. Humalog is a rapid acting insulin that peaks in 30-90 minutes, great for preworkout. Novolin R is a short acting insulin that peaks in 2-5 hours, great for covering multiple meals.

Novolin R can still be used as a preworkout, but you need to treat it with respect. When I take it preworkout, I will shoot it 1 hour before my workout and eat 45 minutes prior to my workout. I have HBCD/dextrose combo to sip on while training. If you try a simple sugar carb source, you will crash. Then I have to eat again pretty quickly after I am done training. Sometimes I can feel hypoglycemia coming on as I am driving home. I always have Jolly Ranchers and Airheads in my gym back, truck, my wife's purse and in the house just in case. The leaner you are, the more intense the training and whether or not you are using berberine, metformin or other GDAs will depend on how hard and fast that second peak hits. I only take 5 iu and consume 60-75 grams of carbs in my preworkout, 25 grams of carbs intra and another 60-75 grams post workout. That 7 iu is too much for me. I start crashing at the gym.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic