Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Nothing or something?

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Getting a dull ache in my left forearm (inside) about 1-2" down from the elbow. Doesn't seem to be exercise specific as it started to flare up just from holding the bar for squats today.. Pushed through and did bench without any real issue but the ache was fairly constant all the way through.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Maybe the beginnings of tendonitis? I get something similar, sometimes in the forearm, sometimes the bicep and even sometimes in the elbow joint. I control it by placing my fingers on the sore spot and flexing the arm and/or muscle, then moving my hand around and massaging, pressing or pinching it from different angles while I continue to move it around. Kind of like voodoo flossing with my fingers instead of floss.

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
The hand is pronated when holding the bar for squats. Does it hurt to do reverse curls? Could be the start of tennis elbow.

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Thought tennis elbow is on the outside?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Thought tennis elbow is on the outside?

I and most guys I know use the term "tennis elbow" to describe tendon soreness (tendonitis or tendonosis) in the forearm/elbow/bicep area.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
The brachio radialis of the forearm runs from the lateral (outside) epicondile but the muscle itself forms the top of your forearm and can be felt from the inside or outside. Bend your arm slightly and use your fingertips to apply pressure along the ends of the bony bits of your elbow. Feel around. Any tenderness?

If it truly is the inside we would call it golfers elbow.

How about them reverse curls? Does it hurt?

A00068F01.jpg

Last edited:
beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Not tried the curls yet but no tenderness and feels ok today so don't know if maybe it was residual soreness from climbing? Thank you for the help though.

M

mongo73$

Sep 11, 2014
I have had both sides injected before and Dr said outside is tennis and inside is golfers elbow. You can look up the stretches for it is about all u can do for it and just work thru it. Dr told me next step would be surgery cause he knew I wouldn't stop training till I tore it loose.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Injecting it won't do nothing. These (if chronic) injuries almost always occur after prolonged stress in imbalanced muscular environment.

A way of treatment that has yielded great results in my experience(tennis elbow), is triggerpoints massage of the pronator teres muscle, and strengthening the supinator muscle (antagonist). Usually immediate relief is felt!

The weakest link is usually where the pain will be felt, and injecting it to conceal the pain will not strengthen it nor even the imbalance causing the problem.

Nerves pass through both the pronator and supinator muscle, and imbalances in this area WILL cause problems.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic