Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

NOTHING is going right!! Now my MLC is snapped...

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks ATW...that gives me some hope.

even today i can put about 10-15lbs of pressure on it with no pain. any more and i'm down..and dont get me started rotating that bastard

i'm on one crutch the majority of the time but only around the house. when i went to ez mart on a test run earlier it took a LONG time and some pain even with 2 crutches. and i cant put on a shoe on the left foot because of the pressure i have to apply, even completely unlaced...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
The MCL pain was way way worse than the ACL pain. This is because the MCL is an exterior stabilizer. So there is greater instability of the joint because it will be able to move back and forth along the edges of the joint. When one tears the ACL the inside isn't as stabile but one has the medial an lateral collateral ligaments plus the joint capsule and the patella to keep everthing lined up and tracking in the right direction. So the femur can slip back but not lose rotational stability. The loss of ones MCL means that one loses rotational stability so the knee twists and increases the pressure on all the soft tissues within and supporting the joint.

But with proper external support. That being a brace that has an adjustable angle at the knee and can be locked at 30 degrees so that the MCL heals back at the shortest distance thereby offering greater stabilty in the long run. It can and will heal without surgical intervention. The ACL on the other hand because of the movement and complexity of the inside if the joint generally needs repaired surgically if the person is at all active.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
thats awful sorry to hear. on a side note...ice cream will be in your diet when your in the hospital :)

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
sorry to hear kf. do what you need to and get healthy. Injuries are part of life it seems.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
FUCK ME! met with my surgeon today

torn ACL and possibly meniscus...Gdammit

said if i'm fairly sedentary i wont need surgery..but if i want to jump/sports/run etc i need full reconstructive knee surgery...max full rehab from start to finish = 5 months

fuck me sideways

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
The operation is worth it! Sorry for the news but the good news is you can come back stronger than ever from it.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Well KF that sucks ass bro and I feel for ya, but this may help put shit in perspective

http://www.theironden.com/latest-news-bodybuilding-world/7742-randy-tiner.html

well i get it....that's great...but i have 3 things wrong with this:

1) you don't walk on your hands...i know it sucks. i got some army buddies missing hands and shit, and life sucks, but they can walk just fine

2) this happened during a moto accident....not to be a dick, but if you ride, there are risks....i caught a fucking 5 hour energy in my left hand....

3)..and this is just objective...but it seems like homies got damn good genetics regardless....good symetry..probably has great joints, etc

it's just fucking sad and depressing that i didnt really do shit to deserve this....i help ladies across the street...i hold doors open for everyone....i give back money if i'm overpaid...if you're lost i'll buy you a damn garmin nuvi GPS...that's me...i don't deserve this shit

i JUST got over the severity of my back injury, bringing my herniated disc to just bulging, and shrinking my bulging discs 3mm with just one epidural steroid shot....i was to be back in the gym this evening...and was buying a nordic track for my new house in 2 weeks...

seriously just sad, gang

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
FUCK ME! met with my surgeon today

torn ACL and possibly meniscus...Gdammit

said if i'm fairly sedentary i wont need surgery..but if i want to jump/sports/run etc i need full reconstructive knee surgery...max full rehab from start to finish = 5 months

fuck me sideways

well, torn ACL sucks. i definitely recommend getting that fixed. i had mine repaired with a cadaver graft because i didnt want them messing with any of my other tissues. i had my medial meniscus removed and the lateral one repaired. it was this surgery that got me back in the gym because i didnt have time to go to physical therapy. nothing nice about it. but i will say that i started in the gym after 4 weeks and moved progressively up from there. the biggest thing is not bending past 90 degrees so that your meniscus heals. everything else is doable.

i had to go back to work 2 days after surgery, that sucked but i think it really helped get things going. you will be alright because as bad as it sucks it can repaired, you can go on to life as normal and you will get back to doing everything that you did before. it has been almost 3 years since my repair and that knee feels way better than the one they didnt operate on!

also, maybe now little old ladies can help you across the street :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic