Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Not sure the clinic I use knows what the f they doing.

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
This is kind of a long story but the short version is my clinic confused the shit outta me and I wound up taking like 400mg a week for a month and a half then called back and asked them what the proper dose was and the doc said that a one mil vial@200mg should last me two months... he wrote me for a few extra vials but the numbers dont add up to my follow up... should I just switch clinics? I'm worried that I'm going to run out and crash like a month before my next appointment. I have a busy ass life and cannot afford to be slowed down for that long. Kinda panicking here. The dose on the script says .25ml twice a week(50mg per week) I have 2.75 vials left. Supposed to stretch that till October. Is it ok to half my dose? Is that going to crash the shit outta me? Half way debating just buying sketchy online stuff but I don't wanna get robbed or poison myself. What to do..? Kinda debated prohormones to take up the slack but if I can just go to like 25mg per week and still feel human I would do that. This whole thing really has me hunting for a clinic thats maybe specifically a HRT clinic.. Any advice will be welcome.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You never mentioned what the script is, i.e. test cyp, test enth, test prop, test dec, test undec, deca, HCG, primo, etc... This will help us answer your question.

Are they 1 ml amps or vials? Never really came across 1 ml vials except in UG labs.

How did you feel on the 400 mg a week for the 6 weeks?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Seems like weird treatment to me. Most clinics around here will do 200mg of Test Cyp every-other week to start. Not saying thats optimal but it seems to be where most start. I personally feel my best at 200-250 per week.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
You never mentioned what the script is, i.e. test cyp, test enth, test prop, test dec, test undec, deca, HCG, primo, etc... This will help us answer your question.

Are they 1 ml amps or vials? Never really came across 1 ml vials except in UG labs.

1 ml vials are common, 200 mg/ml. Places like Express Scripts use them bc they can dose 90 day or 12 - 13 vials for that period supply if the doc writes for 200 mg/wk. Vials are usually overfilled by 0.1 - 0.15 ml, splitting one twice a week is 110 - 115 mg 2x/wk. My urologist has written scripts since the 80's for 200 mg/wk and this was at a major institution. The biggest HRT prescriber at the facility, a number of docs in other fields there were under his care as well. https://www.goodrx.com/testosterone...tity=10&label_override=testosterone-cypionate

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Seems like weird treatment to me. Most clinics around here will do 200mg of Test Cyp every-other week to start. Not saying thats optimal but it seems to be where most start. I personally feel my best at 200-250 per week.
Clinics here are 200 - 300 mg/wk based on labs, some with a blend of TC and ND.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
My TRT dose is 100 mgs weekly. Thanks

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Clinics here are 200 - 300 mg/wk based on labs, some with a blend of TC and ND.
300mg per week with ND seems more like a cycle to me but whatever works for you I guess. Some would likely say the same thing about my doses. I like my levels to be in the 800-1,100 range. I think most Drs around here are pretty conservative and don't do WWE and UFC level TRT.

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022

yeah 1ml amps of test cyp. Initially he told me 1ml twice a week. then one day i noticed on the bag it said ".25 ML twice a week" hence my confusion. The numbers between the convo with the doc and the numbers on the bag didnt match. but to answer your other question I felt amazing. I honestly wish I could go back to that number. Where I am at now is making me more functional and stuff but that clarity and energy that came with the higher dose was hard to forget.

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
Also I guess for the sake of giving all the info they also have me taking anastrazole twice a week and DIM daily. Also a shit ton of vitamin D.

A weird note from my own mind: I debate adding small doses of other compounds. I've been doing a lot of studying and the "personality adjustment" that comes with certain compounds is what I am looking for in all this, besides the ability to stay awake and not be depressed af for no reason. lol. Sounds strange to read it but part of me wanted to do this to edit my personality. I wish I understood these compounds and the mechanics of them better.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
yeah 1ml amps of test cyp. Initially he told me 1ml twice a week. then one day i noticed on the bag it said ".25 ML twice a week" hence my confusion. The numbers between the convo with the doc and the numbers on the bag didnt match. but to answer your other question I felt amazing. I honestly wish I could go back to that number. Where I am at now is making me more functional and stuff but that clarity and energy that came with the higher dose was hard to forget.
Got it. The script is essentially 100 mg of test cyp a week then. This is pretty low, but not unheard of. I am at 125 mg of test cyp a week and my test levels are at the higher range of normal. Your liver genotype may also make you a high responder and you can get away with the lower dose and maybe not. The only way you will know is by running it as scripted for a bit and getting blood work done. If it is low, you can always hit your doctor up for more.

On another note, with the lower dose of test there should be no need to run an AI.

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
Got it. The script is essentially 100 mg of test cyp a week then. This is pretty low, but not unheard of. I am at 125 mg of test cyp a week and my test levels are at the higher range of normal. Your liver genotype may also make you a high responder and you can get away with the lower dose and maybe not. The only way you will know is by running it as scripted for a bit and getting blood work done. If it is low, you can always hit your doctor up for more.

On another note, with the lower dose of test there should be no need to run an AI.
Im not sure if he threw that AI in there just to sell product or not. My estrogen was fairly high. My LH and FSH were through the roof but I was only producing a moderate amount of test, which was in the low normal territory. Pretty sure its due to a deformity that I have. Lots of little indicators that ive been off kilter pretty much my whole life. Think I might try what you're recommending tho and just give it a spin and see how things feel. After my follow up I'm definitly gonna tell him to get me as close to 'high normal' as my body will tolerate. That high dose was mind blowing. I crave that level of productivity and motivation. Out of curiosity, do prohormones (1-testosterone I believe its called?) actually convert into test? Can't seem to find any solid info on test levels or blood panels during use.. Still feel compelled to get some just incase the lower dose doesn't work out.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
So 10 years ago you would be at 200 per week. What’s happened since then is testosterone blood testing is more sensitive now. Because of the uptick in testosterone scripts, it’s the way for Dr’s to not prescribe medication because you’re in the normal range. I’ve been on the same medication at 200 per week for 12 years and getting labs from the same Big Box blood draw place. Then randomly in 2019 my numbers were the highest range of normal and the values for that normal range were lowered. Granted I was still in the normal range, but then my Dr started asking all sorts of questions. On my last blood draw a few months ago, the manager was also a user and said, insurance companies don’t want to pay for Test Replacement and Dr’a don’t like prescribing it, so the tests were changed for that reason. You need to go by how you are feeling. The AI is good to kee estrogen down, but to much or to little will make you feel like crap.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic